Tires on the Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires on the Daytona

I don't know if anybody else really cares, but I got the Daytona a little closer to drivable yesterday. Dick (Studedick) signed up a new member at our table at the MOTAA car show a few weeks ago and this fellow runs a tire store. I had been waiting for two months for the tires I ordered to come in to a local store and was tired of the wait. I went down to North Little Rock and they fixed me up with a set of good used tires at a really good price. Not exactly what I wanted, but they have good tread and I won't be going to any shows for a while. Anyway here they are.

The may pops with the wheels that came on the car.

New tires and wheels.

I even washed the car, but even Lark shine won't help much.[:I]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Whoops, I meant to put this in general topics, not technical talk, but I'm not going to redo it.[:0][:I][:I]

Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks- I like all the pictures I can get of Larks!! Don't be afeered to post more[8D] How about inside, and under the hood- condition unimportant

Those wheels look to be early Mustang or Torino. They may be worth something to the Ford guys!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

yeah, they almost look like one of the shelby styles...

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
        1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

The condition of the car would have to be unimportant to want to see the inside. The interior is toast. JDP gave me a fantastic deal on covers for my buckets and I have new kick panels and a set of door panels and rear panels for after the floor is repaired. I will still need to get a rear seat cover, windlace, and lots more. Under the hood is a little better, but needs lots of help. I do have the brakes redone and when I figure out why the clutch has stopped working, I will be able to drive around a little.
          Regarding the old wheels, all I know is that they are Kelsey wheels of some sort. I guess they wouldn't look too bad with trim rings and center caps, but they are not my cup of tea.

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Those Red wheels look great! That's a major improvement over those ugly spoked ones! [^]

The new wheels look like they are from a Chrysler product, I recognize those long thin slots in them. They should be a good fit and wider: 5 1/2" or 6" than the stock 4 1/2" original ones! [^]
            Only problem will be, you have to use wheel covers, as the hub caps won't fit.

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I know it's odd, but I like looking at raggedy old unrestored cars as much as the restored ones. Yours is nowhere NEAR raggedy to me!

Maybe I'm the only one, though[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Those red wheels look REALLY GOOD!

If the hub cap issue becomes important to you after a while, and used wheels takes long to come by, you could for instance order a set of brand new Gennies from Coker. I believe their internet address is www.coker.com

The Gennies are the ones I reckon will fit on my 1953 Starliner project car(going the ol' fashion hot rod kind of way [8D] )
                I'll see if I can figure out how to post a picture of the wheels here later today.
                \"There are two speeds in life - flat out and faster\"(Burt Munro)

1953 Starliner(\"hot rod\" project)
                1953 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe(original - SOLD...).
                Proud member of SDC:-)

Kvinesdal, Norway(land of vikings and midnight sun) :-)

Comment

ATTENTION: If anybody in the New England area likes the look of these tires, I have 4 new ones mounted on Chrysler rims with fresh Red paint. Came with my car. Don't want them. Reasonable

Comment

Here's a link that hopefully should lead directly to the picture, facts etc of the Gennie wheel:

Stay young - Live life with ROCK'N ROOOOOOLL!!!

Comment

Ralphie, the Gennie wheels would be nice, but being a poor boy I got used wheels and cleaned them up myself. If I had the bucks I would get a set of wide whites, but it won't happen for a long time. Right now my energy and money is going into getting the car driveable and then I'll get to the pretty stuff.

Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

52 Fan,
                        As far as the wide whites go... keep your eyes peeled on your local craigslist. I found a set of 6 with 2 of them brand new and the other 4 near new for just a couple hundred dollars. Good luck. The ones you got look pretty cool as they are. Love the red wheels too.

sals54
                        sals54

Comment

Here's the new look for the Daytona Wagonaire. These are some of the other wide whites I got cheap from craigslist. Now the car has a coil and a half cut from the front springs, (actually from a set of springs laying around the barn), and the wide whites just really set it off. Good luck on your search.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

52-fan, I did allmost the same as you some time ago. - Fixed up the old wheels that were on my Stude and repainted them. Looked cool, but now I have saved up so I should be able to get some newer ones soon, hopefully.

Regarding those may pops: You wouldn't happen to have close up pictures of them, would you? All four of them there?

Comment

By the way,that's one cool piece of Wagonaire, Sal!

Stay young - Live life with ROCK'N ROOOOOOLL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X