Unbelievable service these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable service these days

My Daytona had a broken exhaust clamp, the rear-most one near the bumper on the right side. I thought, 'hell, even I can do this', but then thought, what the hell, I'll try the little local exhaust place on the west side of town. They put a new clamp of their own on, it's good and tight, AND WOULD NOT CHARGE ME AT ALL! They seemed to enjoy seeing/working on a Studebaker!

I was out of there in probably fifteen minutes...plus, instead of a lift that lifts the car up by its frame, they had the setup where I drove the car up on ramps (sort of), and they lifted the entire car with these ramps, including the tires. I liked that.

I had four singles in my pocket which I gave the tech as a small tip.

The place is called "Budget Muffler and Exhaust" on W. Main St. in Kent, Ohio.

I just think this kind of thing these days is so extraordinary it deserved some P.R.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Great to hear, Bill. I'm happy to say, there are many people and businesses like that in my area[^]

My muffler place is Cole Muffler in Fulton, NY.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Great to hear, Bill. I'm happy to say, there are many people and businesses like that in my area[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Bams, my wife and younger daughter are in Rochester, NY this weekend. How close are you to there?

My wife's grandfather in Rochester will be 99 on July 1 and is in amazing state of mind and memory, and can discuss current events, politics, whatever, with great clarity and insight. He doesn't walk so well anymore though. My wife is moving his stuff from one nursing home that he's been in for a couple months, to another in the same complex as where he lived in 'independent living' until a couple months ago. Neither of his sons could make it from where they live (FL and Philadelphia) so my wife was happy to volunteer.

I say he's my favorite in-law, but my wife says she wishes I'd stop saying that in front of her other family!

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Bams, my wife and younger daughter are in Rochester, NY this weekend. How close are you to there?

My wife's grandfather in Rochester will be 99 on July 1 and is in amazing state of mind and memory, and can discuss current events, politics, whatever, with great clarity and insight. He doesn't walk so well anymore though. My wife is moving his stuff from one nursing home that he's been in for a couple months, to another in the same complex as where he lived in 'independent living' until a couple months ago. Neither of his sons could make it from where they live (FL and Philadelphia) so my wife was happy to volunteer.

I say he's my favorite in-law, but my wife says she wishes I'd stop saying that in front of her other family!

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131

Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Just about everyone that works in any auto related business enjoys donuts. They're best if they are bakery fresh that morning and dropped off just before 10:00 break.
            They sometimes work as an extended warranty of sorts too

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Just about everyone that works in any auto related business enjoys donuts. They're best if they are bakery fresh that morning and dropped off just before 10:00 break.
              They sometimes work as an extended warranty of sorts too

Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Bill, I'm only a bit more than an hour away from Rochester.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                X