Hurst shifter question (Nate?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurst shifter question (Nate?)

I was looking through the Hurst catalog at work today, and, to my surprise, Studebaker is listed. ('59-'64 Hawk, to be exact!)

If I decide to install a Hurst shifter on a 4 speed Daytona, will I need just the 'shifter' (part number 391 7308), or the 'installation kit' (part number 373 4734), or both?. And also, what the heck does the Installation kit consist of?

Thanks in advance!

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I was looking through the Hurst catalog at work today, and, to my surprise, Studebaker is listed. ('59-'64 Hawk, to be exact!)

Are they kits for the T86?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Are they kits for the T86?

Comment

No, the T-10. Just a mistake in the catalog.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

No, the T-10. Just a mistake in the catalog.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

T-10 and get the installation kit. Some parts you won't use but if you don't buy it you will be cursing that you didn't.

Comment

T-10 and get the installation kit. Some parts you won't use but if you don't buy it you will be cursing that you didn't.

Comment

Thanks for the info Alan. That's what I wanted to know. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the info Alan. That's what I wanted to know. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matt,

The Shifter should come with the proper handle. The installation kit should contain the mounting bracket and the shifter rods with the short arms that mount on the transmission. The rods and arms should be specific to the installation.

There are other ways to accomplish the installation, but that is the proper way.

Also, they are not difficult to install - they just take time and patience.

Here is a Hurst page that may help you.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Matt,

The Shifter should come with the proper handle. The installation kit should contain the mounting bracket and the shifter rods with the short arms that mount on the transmission. The rods and arms should be specific to the installation.

There are other ways to accomplish the installation, but that is the proper way.

Also, they are not difficult to install - they just take time and patience.

Here is a Hurst page that may help you.

--george

Comment

The installation kit is the same as a '60-'64 Pontiac (full-size). Ask about Studebaker stuff and you can watch someone's head explode. If you talk Pontiac, people tend to understand what you're talking about. Price out the shifter and kit seperately. Some places are cheaper with one item and expensive with the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The installation kit is the same as a '60-'64 Pontiac (full-size). Ask about Studebaker stuff and you can watch someone's head explode. If you talk Pontiac, people tend to understand what you're talking about. Price out the shifter and kit seperately. Some places are cheaper with one item and expensive with the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks for the info all. Great stuff at that link, George!

Tom, FWIW, I can get all of this stuff at really cheap prices, straight from Hurst. I'm a parts guy, remember? [)]

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thanks for the info all. Great stuff at that link, George!

Tom, FWIW, I can get all of this stuff at really cheap prices, straight from Hurst. I'm a parts guy, remember? [)]

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X