Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing 3 point seat belts in Hawk G.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 3 point seat belts in Hawk G.T.

I am wanting to install modern 3 point seat belts in our 1962 Hawk. I know I have seen an article on this, but can't find it. Anyone know where it may be, or is there now a kit to make such an installation in a Hawk?

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

I thought about this for some time and finally just put in lap belts. However, if you wanted to do this the best way is to get some late model GM buckets that have the shoulder belt built into the seat. I could never really come up with a good way that a shoulder belt would be safe and at the same time comfortable with the stock seats.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Thanks Dan for the information, but I know I have seen a conversion on the internet. I bookmarked it, but that old computer when kaput!! I've seen Ford buckets that have the type of seatbelt you speak of, but again...

Comment

There are several How To articles on the topic at Julianos, plus they sell 3 point seat belt kits.

seat belt, seat belts, safety belts, auto belts, replacement seat belts, auto safety, street rod parts, universal seat belts, aftermarket seat belts, direct fit seat belts

Building a suitable mount point in the hardtop GT Hawk may be a challenge, but where there is a will there is a way. There was a previous discussion on installing seats with integral 3 point harness if you search for it. I plan on installing seats from a Sebring convertible in my 53 Starlight this coming winter. I have the seats now just need the time.

Hope that helps

Pat

Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
        X