any flood news Iowa Stude Nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any flood news Iowa Stude Nuts?

It's only about a year away for the 2009 Meet, Any news how the folks around Cedar Rapids are doing? News in this area is dim about the Iowa area. wish the best to all those folks.

Ebon...

I sent an e-mail to the meet chairman and asked about the hotel and their personal well being this afternoon. I'll report back here as soon as I get a reply.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

'Still waiting to hear about The 2008 Packard Automobile Classics National Meet, the same group that joined us in South Bend last year.

Their 2008 National Meet is scheduled to be in Des Moines IA June 22-28! [:0][:0]BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

On the same note, and a little up the river.....
        Minnesota folk, whats the good word on the zone meet at the end of the month?? I presume high and dry since it's 9 miles west of Minneapolis, but of course when the Mississippi floods, it can really flood. If I'm not mistaken it's to be held in Plymouth, er Studebaker, MN June 27-28.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

C'mon up...the weather is fine.Check road conditions in WI and IA if traveling from the south.Studebaker MN is good to go.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Any news from the Packard Club, or, anyone in the Iowa, Cedar Rapids area??? Our prayers are with everyone in that region.

toyman

Comment

As stated above I sent an e-mail to Al Meeker in Marion Ia. inquiring about their well being, Marion is just north of Cedar Rapids, and never heard back from them. This was on the 17th.

Frank van Doorn
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1963 Daytona Conv
              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Heard back from the Meekers last night. The only thing they said was the host hotel and the fairgrounds ( concours field and swap)are ok.There does appear to be a problem with the ladies tea area which should be resolved by meet time. No info about their circumstances or any other Hawkeye Chapter members.

Frank van Doorn
                1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                1963 Daytona Conv
                1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Thanks Frank, still wandering how the folks, and their cars (trucks) are doing in the flood area? Al's truck is a main stay at the nationals.

Ebon...

Comment

Thanks for the report, Frank. I've been wondering about the 2009 meet.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Frank I also add my thanks for the post on this issue. From a meet planning perspective the flood conditions could be a really big set back. I am publicly stating that the KRC Meet Committee stands ready to help them in anyway we can. All they need to do is ask.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Sorry that I don't have any additional information everyone but until someone from that area chimes in here about how their membership fared with the flooding we just won't know. We know the 2009 meet venue survived but the main thing is to know how our Studebaker brethren are doing like Ebon said. Cedar Rapids of course is not the only area suffering, the Des Moines and Davenport areas were hit hard too as well as all up and down the Mississippi.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I live in Cedar Rapids and was lucky to have minimal dammage. I do not know any details on meet planning but I did see Meeker last night with his Stude truck at a local gathering. It is a big mess in the CR area but life is starting to return to normal.

Comment

Working...
                          X