56 wiper switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 wiper switch

I just got a NOS wiper switch for my 56 wagon from SASCO. Does anyone know if the stem that the knob goes on is suppose to turn round and round and round with no stop?? I got a call into Dennis to see if this is correct. I can't install it yet as I am a couple weeks away. But I have never seen a switch that has a continueous rotation.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Yes, that's the way they are.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I'll second Dwain's affirmation.[^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Isn't it a 3 position off, Low, High push-pull type? If so, the spinning around would have no effect on the function.

It it were a twist type, that would be a problem! [:0]

All of my '57 Sedans/Wagons have the sliding type (knife type) wiper switch, so it's been too long since I drove a '56 to remember for sure if it is a pull or turn type!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Everyone is correct. It is a pull push type. Now that I know it works great. That's what I get for assuming it was a right left type. Thanks.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
          X