My new 64 Wagonaire survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 64 Wagonaire survivor

I know this is shameful, but these are the before pictures. We got this home a few weeks ago and just now got the master cylinder changed. Now everything works. We washed it for the first time this afternoon and have been enjoying the heck out of it. The tires suck, but I think they've been on the car for 30 years. Its a V8 Commander with AT. The interior looks as good as the outside. It shows 85K on the clock and I'm sure thats original. Its been a local Sacramento Valley car all its life. Wow, it is just so magnificent to drive one like this.

sals54
    sals54

Thanks for the pics, sals. Everytime I see a '64 Wagonaire, I see it with a little lump in my heart. My dad ordered one and we had to wait for it to be delivered to Denver from South Bend. After what seemed to be a long wait, we were told that the car was "lost" in a flood in Ohio. The dealer got us a '64 Daytona instead, but I always stayed excited to get that green Wagonaire with the sliding roof.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Nice looking wagon. I have a soft spot for 64's.

Comment

Nicely optioned, too!
        Roof rack (rare), bumper guards (bumperettes?)
        Jeff[8D]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Cool find![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wow, nice car Sal. [^] Good thing it's not a Daytona, as that is exactly what Bob Palma is wanting. [)]

I'm sure you've seen pics before, but here's Dad's '64 Commander.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Make mine a '65, please... [:0] [^]

StudeDave [8D]
              San Diego, Ca.
              San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
              '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
              '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
              '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
              '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I took the Wagon out for the first real foray into the wild streets today. Had it around the block a couple days ago, but today I took it to a small car show. Lots of very shiny hot rods and Camaros and Mustangs and such. Had a crowd around the Wagonaire much of the time it was there, in spite of the fact that it puked its coolant. Easy fix, though. Turned out to be a bad heater hose. A pair of pliers and it was fixed. I'll post some pix of the interior tomorrow. This has been one super fun car.
                BTW. My son was just talking today about a two tone on the car. Blue on the bottom and White on the top. Wierd that you would post yours in exactly that combo. Now I can show him what that would look like. Too bad, we can't consider that paint scheme now since you already own it. It looks good too.

sals54
                sals54

Comment

Matt,
                  Actually, when I first got it, I took it for granted that it was a Daytona, without really looking it over. I emailed Bob and offered it to him. He asked me to double check and to my chagrin, it was a Commander. Oh, well, I tried.

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

Nice wagon! I especially like the luggage rack

1947 Studebaker M-5
                    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                    1947 Studebaker M-5
                    1946 Studebaker M-5
                    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Nice catch, gotta love those survivors.
                      I had to rebuild this one.

I

WP FOY, Ontario
                      1964 Wagonaire Slider
                      Bill Foy
                      1000 Islands, Ontario
                      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

I know this is shameful, but these are the before pictures. We got this home a few weeks ago and just now got the master cylinder changed. Now everything works. We washed it for the first time this afternoon and have been enjoying the heck out of it. The tires suck, but I think they've been on the car for 30 years. Its a V8 Commander with AT. The interior looks as good as the outside. It shows 85K on the clock and I'm sure thats original. Its been a local Sacramento Valley car all its life. Wow, it is just so magnificent to drive one like this.

sals54
                        All I can say is, Sal; if that was a Daytona, it WOULD BE on it's way to Indiana...Brownsburg, to be exact: That's EXACTLY what I am looking for, in a Daytona, to complete my foursome.

Keep your eyes peeled, please. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

StudeDave--

Here ya go...65 Wagonaire "slider" out of Beamsville ON, seen at the Cruzaders' Pier 4 Park cruise last Thursday...

S.

Comment

CaptBilly, That is a GREAT looking wagon. How long did it take you to get it in that shape? Whats under the hood? V8, 6 or what? Very nice.

Steve, Is that red one yours? Another GREAT wagon. They're coming out of the woodwork now, eh?

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

Sals54--

Nope, the red 65 wagon isn't mine; I had never seen this particular car before Thursday's cruise. It came in from a collection in the Beamsville area that has a number of interesting vehicles including a 1939 Graham "sharknose".

I've just got the one Stude so far, my blue 62 "Betty". Made it to six cruises in the past two weeks, but the last three days the car has been running rough and rich. I'm on evenings this week anyway so can't make the cruises...car will be going in for another look-see next week at that nifty 1930s garage down the street. (The Authorized Studebaker Service sign is now up on the office wall and looks most cool.)

That white Wagonaire is one terrific find...

S.

S.

Comment

Working...
                              X