This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Reedsville

N8 and I are back early. After the 5th or 6th lap of all the parts we just got bored and came home a day early. We both found one or two item we needed, but I starting buying crap I did not need and figured it was time to head back.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Lark 2 dr.
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    59 3E Truck
    56 truck
    55 Starlight
    53 Starlight
    52 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Do I get a faint hint that Reedsville wasn't that good this year ?

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Do I get a faint hint that Reedsville wasn't that good this year ?

sigpic

Comment

Parking lot was empty when I got there Saturday at 8:30 but had filled up by 10:00. Don't know how the vendors did but saw money changing hands, saw folks I hadn't seen in a year; lots of good sheetmetal and chrome. Spent more than I planned; got answers to nagging questions. There was a pretty nice 53 coupe with a hemi for $10,000. More I could tell but only stayed a couple hours. A friend of mine found an M5 locally he had been looking for a couple years and we had to get back and rollback it to his house.

Much to do for the next four months and then...YORK!

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        33 Rockne 10
        51 Commander Starlight
        53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Parking lot was empty when I got there Saturday at 8:30 but had filled up by 10:00. Don't know how the vendors did but saw money changing hands, saw folks I hadn't seen in a year; lots of good sheetmetal and chrome. Spent more than I planned; got answers to nagging questions. There was a pretty nice 53 coupe with a hemi for $10,000. More I could tell but only stayed a couple hours. A friend of mine found an M5 locally he had been looking for a couple years and we had to get back and rollback it to his house.

Much to do for the next four months and then...YORK!

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          33 Rockne 10
          51 Commander Starlight
          53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well that sounds like the Reedsville I know. Didn't make it this year for the 1st time in 10 but hey got to go to Omaha last month so I guess I'll just wait till York.

sigpic

Comment

Well that sounds like the Reedsville I know. Didn't make it this year for the 1st time in 10 but hey got to go to Omaha last month so I guess I'll just wait till York.

sigpic

Comment

I was there Friday from around 11:30 AM to 2 PM. I hadn't been there for 6 years and it seemed like there were fewer vendors there this year than in the past. I still bought a few needed items, though.

I couldn't understand the vendor who had a crate of parts on the floor with a sign that said "Anything in box, $10 or make offer". So I made an $8 offer on an item and he acted insulted and said he had to get $10 for that one! Why did he say "make offer?" [)][xx(] I think I left not long after that.

Comment

I was there Friday from around 11:30 AM to 2 PM. I hadn't been there for 6 years and it seemed like there were fewer vendors there this year than in the past. I still bought a few needed items, though.

I couldn't understand the vendor who had a crate of parts on the floor with a sign that said "Anything in box, $10 or make offer". So I made an $8 offer on an item and he acted insulted and said he had to get $10 for that one! Why did he say "make offer?" [)][xx(] I think I left not long after that.

Comment

Vendor and parts count is going down every year. I checked out everything that was there is maybe 3 hours and got bored. Next year, I'll drive up for the day just to visit and come back that evening.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                    64 Daytona HT
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                    63 Avanti R1/AC
                    63 Lark 2 dr.
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    60 Lark convert
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E Truck
                    56 truck
                    55 Starlight
                    53 Starlight
                    52 Starlight
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Vendor and parts count is going down every year. I checked out everything that was there is maybe 3 hours and got bored. Next year, I'll drive up for the day just to visit and come back that evening.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                      64 Daytona HT
                      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                      63 Avanti R1/AC
                      63 Lark 2 dr.
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      60 Lark convert
                      60 Hawk
                      59 3E Truck
                      56 truck
                      55 Starlight
                      53 Starlight
                      52 Starlight
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

I had been looking for these accessory rear fins for my 52 Studebaker (Don't ask my why!) and I found 2 NOS ones at Reedsville. They have got to be a rare item. They were just an accessory installed by dealers.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I had been looking for these accessory rear fins for my 52 Studebaker (Don't ask my why!) and I found 2 NOS ones at Reedsville. They have got to be a rare item. They were just an accessory installed by dealers.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Jeez, John, I must be a real rookie! You made a point to use the word, "bored" twice in this thread [xx(]- yet my experience was anything but! Not because of all the excitement, but because of all the great conversations I had!! Not to mention the connections I made with folks who will supply me with goods and services I'm going to need as I continue to restore Studes [8D]

Best of luck to you, and I hope the meets you attend in the future are a better experience for you.[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Jeez, John, I must be a real rookie! You made a point to use the word, "bored" twice in this thread [xx(]- yet my experience was anything but! Not because of all the excitement, but because of all the great conversations I had!! Not to mention the connections I made with folks who will supply me with goods and services I'm going to need as I continue to restore Studes [8D]

Best of luck to you, and I hope the meets you attend in the future are a better experience for you.[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X