Cheap truck in Edwall, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap truck in Edwall, WA

There is what appears to be a 2R17A truck listed on e-Bay with an opening bid of $50.00 and no reserve. Looks to be solid with a dump bed. It is worth far more at the crusher, someone needs to save it. If it really is a 3R as he states, it would be rarer still (but not a '49 model as listed).

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Edwall is in dry eastern Washington near Spokane. Chance are it is not rusty.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like a 2R16 or 2R17. It has the Commander six in it. One of our Washington folks should snag it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The fender lights alone are worth more than the starting price! [:0]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

It's frustrating to realize that it will probably draw less than scrap, and therefore will indeed go to the crusher

RIP old workhorse[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Dick, if I bought it - would you haul it south for me?[)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If someone buys it, I'll provide free storage at my place north of Spokane until you can come and get her.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

The fuel to haul that thing 1200 miles would be more than the cost of the truck [:0]. Besides, I would be better off putting my little half ton on my trailer and pulling it with this rig [^]

Drive it, Bob. Put tires on it, change the oil, belts, other fluids. A good adventure for you [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I've driven a 2R17. The thought of 1200 miles in that original unknown condition rig, across three mountain passes - maybe for a dollar a mile and a first-class ticket home, but then, maybe not. It would be an adventure, but then so is wrestling alligators.

BTW, someone asked me how come the trucks out this way all have straight grilles and bumpers. Come to Edwall and you'll see there is nothing to run into to damage the sheetmetal. Most of these trucks were used on the farm and in the fields. Some lived their entire working life without getting more than twenty miles from a wheat field. Some literally never saw a paved road, nor ever had a license plate.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                  PackardV8

Comment

Dick, if I had more moola and less to do........[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

BTW, someone asked me how come the trucks out this way all have straight grilles and bumpers. Come to Edwall and you'll see there is nothing to run into to damage the sheetmetal. Most of these trucks were used on the farm and in the fields. Some lived their entire working life without getting more than twenty miles from a wheat field. Some literally never saw a paved road, nor ever had a license plate.
                      My buddy in eastern Washington wheat country has a '53 2R17A with less than 10,000 original miles on it. Those wheat trucks were used just once a year and didn't go far.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I need that truck!
                        Who wants to drive it to Georgia for me.[][}][8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

Jerry Forrester
                        Douglasville, Georgia
                        Be sure to check out my eBay store
                        http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
                        for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I drove one of those to high school a time or two. Man that was fun. Even took up two parking spaces.

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

I need that truck!
                            Jerry,

I have several here in Virginia that we can work a deal on (plus you will save on that dreaded shipping).

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Cool, Gary! How many have you got comparable to this one starting at $50?? Because I'll take one!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
                              X