Studebaker racers in miniature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker racers in miniature!

My best buddy Dave D. is a true model master. Some of you know Dave because he and I hang out together at the PSMCDR and FAST events!
    His skill level is the kind that has won National awards, and the ability to sell his "art" at upwards of $500 for a completed model. These are NOT for sale so please don't think this post is an advertisement!! I just wanted to share these with the Studebaker crowd!!
    His latest two creations are a couple of notable racing Studebakers. What you don't see from these photos are the handbuilt items on each car. Dave hand fabricates the chassis, front and rear suspensions, hand builds the shocks, runs a wiring harness for the cars, etc. etc. etc.
    The detail boggles my mind when I see these in person. I hope you enjoy these pics!

Dave special orders resin bodys and parts for his cars. He will sometimes use up 3-5 different kits just to assemble the key parts he needs for his foundations. Simply amazing!![][]

Frank Remlinger
    SDC# A004602R
    Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

VERY COOL.
    Post more please.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

VERY COOL.
      Post more please.
      Your wish is my command...........

[^]

Frank Remlinger
      SDC# A004602R
      Frank Remlinger
      Detroit, Michigan
      SDC# A004602R

Comment

Thank you.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

I built "Mr. Speed" when I was a kid, along with many versions of the '53 Studebaker.
          But that "Flintstone Flyer Too" is badass!!!

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

i'm the proud owner of both of these Studebaker models, Dave sold his collection and i was lucky enough to buy both of these models, they are both super builds, Dave is a great guy and a fantastic builder

Comment

Tell Dave about the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Facebook page. I would think he. And any Studebaker fan will enjoy.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Very nice..
                MCW sells the resin 2dr sedan Lark. They used to list the Lark with Flintstone decals but it says all their printers are broken so there might not be anymore.
                I'm glad I picked one up a few years ago.

Here's an old post about them on the toy forum

These resin kits were showing up on ebay before but they sell for less at this website... I'm not sure about the angle of the door post on the sedan b

Comment

want a miniature of the chicken hawk
                  indy chuck

Comment

INDY CHUCK
                    yes i would interested in purchasing your miniature chicken hawk, can you email me some pictures and price??
                    email me here:
                    eggscales@southslope.net
                    thank you

Comment

INDY CHUCK
                      yes i am interested, email me some pictures and price

eggscales@southslope.net

Comment

Working...
                      X