Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes on a nice dry evening! (Pix)

Hi all--

After two rainouts in a row, last week's Mapleview cruise (Wed May 28) finally received some sunshine. Nine Studes were present (only two of which were repeat attendees from May 21); seven of the nine appear in these shots...

63 Lark Daytona droptop; Champ pickup; 63 Avanti...

Very nice 64 Daytona convertible...

Two 62s, a Lark Daytona rod and a GT Hawk; the Lark was making its cruise debut, with a few finishing touches yet to be completed on the interior, but it's a sweet ride.

62 Lark V8 sedan, 8000 miles on the clock since new, that spent its first three decades stored indoors at a small museum in Michigan; except for the (radial) tires everything you see here is unrestored original...current owner is the first to drive this car regularly!

Left front wheel of the above Lark. The wheelcover is original. The rest of the car is this good also. You could eat off the trunk floor.

My own 62 was out of action at the time; the problem was not the surmised fuel line/filter blockage, but rather a fracture of a small component inside the distributor...poof, no spark. That was fixed promptly and my Lark is back in action; attended a cruise in east Hamilton last evening, no car trouble either way (not even a hint) and brilliant sunshine at the cruise...life is good!

S.

Excellent Steve! (especially love the Champ[]). Where exactly is Mapleview?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Mark--

Mapleview is a shopping mall on Fairview Street in Burlington; each Wednesday from late May to mid-September the Burlington Central Lions Club and the mall cohost a large cruise. (President of the SDC Hamilton chapter is also a Lion.)

The Champ is Bob Barrick's from Dunnville, one of several Studes the Barricks have; like all their vehicles it's a really nice piece. Bob is a regular on this forum ("2R5" iirc...also iirc the Champ appears in his avatar). Here's another shot of the Champ, on departure...

S.

Comment

According to the fender badge, the '64 convertible is Avanti powered.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Great shots!

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Am I the only one that has never seen a front bumper like the one on the 62 Lark?
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Raoul--

Which 62? The bumper on the pewter-grey sedan is the same as the bumper on my own 62 except it has the optional "bumperettes" added; the "bumper" on the turquoise HT is in fact the lower front fascia minus the bumper, with brightwork strakes in the bottom vent. (I'd only seen that car before in photos, when the owner was introducing himself to the SDC Hamilton chapter at the April meeting. Was a nice surprise to see the car at a cruise this early in the season.)

S.

Comment

The GREEN TOMATO! I had the extreme pleasure of riding in the right seat of that thing across Iowa and into Indiana while I droned away with Stude stories for Bob. (Of course, I heard a fair number of his tales as well)

Thanks for sharing the pix. Lotsa nice cars - especially the Hamilton/South Bend ones![8D]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes sir Robert ! Those stores were real good too , maybe we'll have to do that again someday Your always welcome to ride with me .
                  By the way that picture is of the wife and I leaving for Lancaster ( we want to make sure we get there in good time and get a prime parking spot )

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
                  "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1950 2R5
                  1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That Champ is sweeeeet...[]. I wonder if it is stock running gear? Those wheels go real nice on that truck. They appear to be Chevy? On my monitor it almost looks like the lettering on the center caps (hard to see that small) says Studebaker?

Dean Croft
                    Roseburg,OR

CLEM DESEE
                    Dean

CLEM

Comment

Yep, the wheels on Bob's Champ are custom-lettered STUDEBAKER...

S.

Comment

Clem64 , it is a 289 3spd OD 427 rearend with Turner brakes up front.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
                        1960 Champ
                        1964 Daytona HT
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That's just how I would order one [8D].

Dean Croft
                          Roseburg,OR

CLEM DESEE
                          Dean

CLEM

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

Raoul--

Which 62? The bumper on the pewter-grey sedan is the same as the bumper on my own 62 except it has the optional "bumperettes" added; the "bumper" on the turquoise HT is in fact the lower front fascia minus the bumper, with brightwork strakes in the bottom vent. (I'd only seen that car before in photos, when the owner was introducing himself to the SDC Hamilton chapter at the April meeting. Was a nice surprise to see the car at a cruise this early in the season.)

S.
                            I was referring to the turquoise one. I guess I never saw one without the bumper on it. The horizontal bars threw me off. I kind of like it!
                            Chip
                            '63 Cruiser
                            '57 Packard wagon
                            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                            X