Spedo cable part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spedo cable part number?

Got my speedo back together and bench tested and everything works fine. My speedo cable had been tied in a knot underneath the car......[:0] I straightened the casing and got one of those universal, cut to fit cores from NAPA. The speedo end won't fully engage the speedo head. So all that work and still no speedo. I checked a couple Stude vendors on line and both had cores BUT you have to know the Studebaker part no. and I don't have a parts catalog. Does anyone know where I can get one by application? OR..... have a '55 parts catalog and willing to look up the number for me?

Thanks.

Analog man in a digital world.

There is about a dozen numbers determined by body type, model number, transmission type as well as driver position.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by leyrret

There is about a dozen numbers determined by body type, model number, transmission type as well as driver position.
      Yeah, I know, you have a parts catalog?

Comment

Alot of us have parts books, but unless we know what model to look up....[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well DUH Glenn.......[:I] Just call me "Mr. Oblivious". We need a Smilie slapping it's forehead just for me. OK, now that you have my attention.......

Early 1955 Commander C-Body Coupe, originally a 224 V-8, T-86 w/OD. Current cable is about 63" OAL. Anything else I need to list? I should probably replace the housing too since they had a pretty good kink in it. Thanks.

Comment

The core (cable) itself is #526370 The shaft AND core is #526369

Edit: SASCO shows the cable available for $36 bucks.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Many thanks!!![8D]
              quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

The core (cable) itself is #526370 The shaft AND core is #526369

Edit: SASCO shows the cable available for $36 bucks.

And as luck would have it nobody I have checked so far has either number in stock.......

Picked up a Stewart Warner cable adapter off Ebay last night "just in case" I couldn't find the correct cable. I'll have to take my old speedo head on a shopping trip this week and see if I can find one from something with a 7/8 - 16 screw on transmission end that will fit the speedo. Thanks for the help.

Comment

526370 is listed in SI catalog

Comment

kg.works in Canada list several by size. List one 63" with 7/8 nut on transmission. Probably one you need.

Comment

Working...
                  X