2008 Newport Concours d'Elegance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Newport Concours d'Elegance

I had the huge opportunity to show my Speedster at the 2008 Newport Concours last weekend. Pictures of the show are at this link.

Bill
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
    sigpic

Cool, thanks for the pics. [8D]

Even a Cunningham and an Allard. Both of those have a little bit of a Stude connection.

What make is the Steam powered coupe? A Doble(sp?), maybe?

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

WOW! Thanks for the link. What a great variety of automobiles, and your Speedster fits right in with the best of them. Excuse me now while I replace my keyboard as I have drooled all over it......

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser

Comment

A great slideshow![] Worth the time. Too much fun to be had.
        [][][][]

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sweet slideshow!
          Loved the American Underslung.

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Your pictures are great!!! Thank you for sharing! The black Vett conversion was interesting.

Carey
            Packard Hawk

Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

This weekend the 19th Annual Concours of the Eastern United States held to benfit the Burn Prevention Foundation Inc takes place at Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, PA. The Concours is held on Sunday, June 1st but events begin tomorrow. Studebaker will be well represented on the show field with an absolutely stunning 1932 Dictator Coupe with Rumble seat, a very early 1953 "C" Coupe and a stunning 1958 Golden Hawk. All of the cars are owned by SDC members. In addition to these three cars there are another 142 Concours vehicles ranging from early Brass Era cars to muscle cars of the 70's along with a display of vintage motorcycles. This year, we have added a Club participation field where we currently expect up to 350 cars to displayed ranging from Street Rods to SCCA race cars. There will be at least 15 to 20 Studebakers on this field. We also have added for the first time a large display of Antique Fire trucks and yes there will be a 1937 Studebaker Fire Truck on display here. This is just the car side of the show but there is much more happening at the event, if you are close by come and visit with us and I am sure you will be both impressed and enjoy the event.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Neat show! Thanks!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have posted Bill's excellent slideshow on a couple rodding forums I visit, and all the responses are very positive.

One fellow said, "20 minutes and a favorite beverage kicked off my morning nicely. Thanks for posting!".

Chris Pile
                  Midway Chapter SDC
                  The Studebaker Special
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

I have posted Bill's excellent slideshow on a couple rodding forums I visit, and all the responses are very positive.

One fellow said, "20 minutes and a favorite beverage kicked off my morning nicely. Thanks for posting!".

Chris Pile
                    Midway Chapter SDC
                    The Studebaker Special
                    I too have posted this on another forum with good response. It is a great show.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                    X