Bristol, Tennessee June 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol, Tennessee June 28

Is anyone here planning on attending the Studebaker meet and car show, in Bristol Tennessee on June 28, and driving their Studebaker around the track? It sounds like a good one.

I would like to go, but it is 315 miles from me. Just a little too far.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I would like to go, but it is 315 miles from me. Just a little too far.
      You guys are Whimps,[:I] I travel about that far to attend a local club meeting. Of course Texas is one of the smaller states
      Now I'm just joking

Ebon...

Comment

I live in Eastern PA and plan on bringing an Avanti to my hometown and track. I did this almost 10 years ago and it was a blast. Got asked by the track officials to stay on the track and run more laps just as did the Lark Race Car from Atlanta. He stayed and I didn't has I had to drive the car home back to PA. Yes I didn't want to tear it up either.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Yep, I'll be there, with the car below. Don, it was a blast to drive on the track "at speed" (as it were). One of the track officials drove the track "Pace Truck" in front, so there wasn't any danger of someone going too fast, (driving "over their head")[B)] Still kinda' fun, even though 60-70 MPH was about it, open pipes and all.[}]

Dan Miller
          Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
          Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Dan, I remember being outside the track hearing you wind that Lark up and wanting to come back in but also remembering I didn't want to tear the car up. Here are some samples from the last time we were there.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

For those who have never been on this track, I promise you you won't regret going to this meet in Upper East Tennessee put on by John Kelly and crew.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon
              For those who have never been on this track, I promise you you won't regret going to this meet in Upper East Tennessee put on by John Kelly and crew.
              Don,

Why not come down I-95 to Richmond and then take I-64 over the mountain to I-81. That way I could make the trip. [}] If you really twist my arm, I could catch a ride with you in Staunton.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Cool. That's great that all you guys plan to go. I also live in Pennsylvania and plan on making the 500+ mile trip in my 1981 Avanti(too long of a trip for my 1963 Avanti to make turning at 3000+ RPM's the whole trip!). Those pictures are awesome. Does anyone recall how many Avantis and Studebakers were there last year?

Comment

Gary, I'll let you know about picking you up in Staunton as that is a great idea. I'll be down there the week of the 15th of June also.

Paul this mwwt was last held in 1997 and the pictures I posted were from that meet. There were close to 200 Studebakers there and of that if I remember correctly about 20 Avantis. I came the furtherest that year. This time I may bring eith the R-2 shown in the picturess or the KRC'S 2009 Raffle car and beautiful 1983 early Blake Avanti.

Comment

Working...
                  X