Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone coming to Reedsville from Iowa?

Just checking to see if anyone is going to be in Reedsville that may pass by Dubuque, Iowa on their way back home. I have a cab off of an Oliver OC-96 crawler that a fellow wants to buy that I need to get to him. It has no glass in it, weighs about 100 pounds and is less than 4 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet. Of course it is open in the middle, just turn it upside down in your truck bed and load it with Stude parts! If you can help, please let me know ASAP as I will be leaving Friday morning at O dark thirty.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Just checking to see if anyone is going to be in Reedsville that may pass by Dubuque, Iowa on their way back home. I have a cab off of an Oliver OC-96 crawler that a fellow wants to buy that I need to get to him. It has no glass in it, weighs about 100 pounds and is less than 4 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet. Of course it is open in the middle, just turn it upside down in your truck bed and load it with Stude parts! If you can help, please let me know ASAP as I will be leaving Friday morning at O dark thirty.
    Hey Guido/Gary,
    Not directly in response to your post, but today we made a central WV fall color ride. Going out, in Wardensville, WV (about 20 miles west of Strasburg, VA), I noticed a flatbed trailer in a driveway that had several large Olivers and a large Case sitting on it. Coming back this evening I noticed an old Massey-Harris sitting behind the trailer and, lo and behold, in the carport was a 2R truck. It looked like a one-ton flat bed, but I couldn't see it too well.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Hey Guido/Gary,
      Not directly in response to your post, but today we made a central WV fall color ride. Going out, in Wardensville, WV (about 20 miles west of Strasburg, VA), I noticed a flatbed trailer in a driveway that had several large Olivers and a large Case sitting on it. Coming back this evening I noticed an old Massey-Harris sitting behind the trailer and, lo and behold, in the carport was a 2R truck. It looked like a one-ton flat bed, but I couldn't see it too well.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
      Museum R-4 engine
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X