Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Holy Grail for C/K owners?

NOS window regulators:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Man... that'll make yer socks roll up and down! []

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Now I have to watch my window regulators like car dealers watch their catalytic converters.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Sorry bams, THE holy grail for early C-K owners would be NOS 53/54 grille shells - NO contest!
        Regulators can be repaired and work just fine. Even nice, used grille shells are a prize![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's so hard to believe these are not reproduced. It can't be nearly as difficult as a lot of other things that have been.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'll bite--Where DO you get these things rebuilt?

'53 Commander
            '53 Commander
            Art Morrison chassis
            LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Studebaker International sells certain rebuilt window regulators exchange.

quote:Originally posted by ralt12

I'll bite--Where DO you get these things rebuilt?

'53 Commander
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

The Holy Grail?

A time machine/transporter with "Star Treks' Scotty" runnin' it!!!

That's what I want!!!!!!!

Please find me one. I'll be ETERNALY grateful... I've got alot of things that I should'a done different, and I need some original parts too.

Thank You Very Much for any help that you can give me,

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Sorry bams, THE holy grail for early C-K owners would be NOS 53/54 grille shells - NO contest!
                  Regulators can be repaired and work just fine. Even nice, used grille shells are a prize![]

Yeah, I guess that would be true... still, the regs. have to be in the top 10 on the Grail list...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

It'll be interesting to see where these end up since he states that a pair of rebuilt ones lists for $560 and these NOS ones are at $385 with a day to go.
                    I'm gonna have to dig out a pair to put up. Fact is, I've got a pair of factory PW regulators with new motors for a C-body.[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Got any for Larks?[]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Sure - just not NOS.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

Comment

Just out of curiosity, since my brother owns a company that manufactures molds, do you think there would be a market for '53 C/K triple plated aluminum grills? Just speculating.

I've seen the brass castings and I'm not impressed.

Brad Johnson
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Just out of curiosity, since my brother owns a company that manufactures molds, do you think there would be a market for '53 C/K triple plated aluminum grills? Just speculating.

Absolutely...just depends upon how much each he would need to get for them and how many he would need to sell to break even. My guess is that it won't pencil out.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Initial tooling would be the big expense. I have no clue what that would cost. He has made molds for one-off items at profit. He has all the facilities, experience and materials access. I would need to provide him with straight originals to get an estimate on the mold and plating. These should be very crappy ones that are otherwise unusable but [u]MUST</u> be absolutely straight.

If he does the estimating on cost, he would need to have an idea of what the market price would be. I've seen NOS originals go for upwards of $1500 and show quality restoration plating in the vicinity of two grand.

To make it marketable, I think the goal would be to have show quality items for less than restoration of original prices.

Worth exploring? You bet.

So, does anyone have a superbly straight '53 C/K grill complete, that is in such condition that their only recourse is pot metal scrap value? This would be for estimating purposes only and represents no committment.

I have only spoken with him about this briefly. This is exploratory. If it can't fly, it won't.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X