Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mapleview Wet Stude Contest Part II (pix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapleview Wet Stude Contest Part II (pix)

Hi all--

As promised, a few pix from this past Wednesday's cold and drizzly Mapleview gathering. In total we mustered nine Studebakers, not bad for a cruise that was actually cancelled!

Five Lark series cars and one GT Hawk...

Hamilton Police Service's classy re-creation of one of the force's 1966 Commander squad cars (this car is actually based on a '64 sedan and powered by a Stude V8 rather than the Chevy in the final Studes)...sadly the local police's fleet buy in 1965 could not keep the city's carmaker from quitting the business!

Here's that nice GT Hawk again (a '63) with a trio of Lark series cars for company.

Even after the cruise had been called off and several attendees had headed for home, the Studes were not done arriving...here's a '66 Cruiser that was new to us. Not visible in this view is the pressure-treated timber rear bumper the car currently (temporarily) sports owing to its having been rear-ended by a Honda!

Bams50 and the other Larkophiles on here will like this lineup of five different years of Larks...left to right, 65 Commander 4dr; 63 Lark Daytona convertible; 62 Lark VI 2dr; 66 Cruiser; 61 Lark VIII 4dr. The Hawk, the squad car and the two 64 Daytona HTs seen in the other pix had left by this point. Hoods are up on the two "Chevybakers" in this lineup...the guys have been comparing engines (the 66 has a 283, the 65 a 350 in disguise!).

Cheers all--

Steve T

You were right Steve, I do like!! Thanks for sharing them.

Is the red Daytona in the first picture an original R-series car?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Steve ...maybe I'll make it one of these nights if it ever stops raining ....and Bam that isn't a real one.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
      "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1950 2R5
      1960 Champ
      1964 Daytona HT
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Steve you just saved me the trouble of figuring how to post s photo of my 63 GT.The shot of my car is great !

Comment

Bob--

Actually I made it one-third of the way out your way today; intended to go to the cruise in Dunnville this gorgeous day...sadly ol' Betty had other ideas, suddenly lost power on Hwy#54 just east of #2. Wouldn't start again...had to holler for a hauler, the Lark is now back in front of my parents' place in west Hamilton where she often resides. Different problem from last time, as the electrics are fine, she just won't catch. Both the flatbed driver and a dragster mechanic/driver who turned up think it's a fuel feed problem: a blocked line or filter, or possibly even a really dirty carb. (My dad, who was riding shotgun, and I initially thought fuel pump, but the dragster guy thought not.) So...I'm out of action for a while. Am on days this week coming though and will still hit as many cruises as I can...in my former plebeian fashion at the wheel of something recent!

Kevin--

I took several shots of your GT...will post a couple more of them, stand by. She's a beauty.

Steve

Comment

Here's another shot of Kevin's lovely 63 Gran Turismo. Only had two of this car uploaded to Photobucket...Kevin, I'll email you the others if you like...

S.

Comment

Working...
            X