Speaking/planning for the Indy 500 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking/planning for the Indy 500 2011

With the anniversary of the Indy 500 approaching (built 1909 first race 1911)

I would like to inquire if anyone has a replica of the 62 pace car, or the pace car itself.
    Ever the show man, I have many ideas churning in my head that include my project to debut at the 2011 Goodguy's event in Indy.

If anyone has some contact information as to owners they'd be willing to share please e-mail me. I think it could be a fun time, 50 year car, 100 year track, display's of past pace cars, Studebakers pace car etc.

If I could only express some ideas in my head into words better

Chop Stu
    61 Lark

sigpic

There are a few '62 Stude pace cars around. I don't know the exact whereabouts of any right now, though.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Sounds like a fine project, good luck. I took my boys to the Indy two times, it is an event to remember.

Comment

My dad took my Stude to Indy and drove it around the track one time. I didn't get to go. Darn school![xx(] But, like someone else on the forum, I did graduate.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Kevin: Most of your questions were answered a while back in the following thread. Again, the whereabouts of either of the actual 1962 Lark Daytona Pace Cars are unknown...or at least to the best of my knowledge.

(However, there is an update to this thread. This past weekend, I did see the actual 1964 Ford Mustang that paced the 1964 Indianapolis 500. It was definitely accounted for, with reams of documentation, at The Mecum Collector Car Auction in Indianapolis. Reserve was $500,000, but I don't know if it sold.)

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Years ago, George Rittenour drove one, or a replica. He's the one that collects Studebaker watches. I think he's in TN now. You might check with him for information.

Comment

well that answers the question of the old original ones. Havent turned up. If anyone has a remake and would like to contact me feel free. It's an idea of mine, I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year some intrest gets people talking about the 100 pace cars that have paced the great race and MAYBE just MAYBE a Daytona will come out of the wood work.

Chop Stu
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fstst56

Years ago, George Rittenour drove one, or a replica. He's the one that collects Studebaker watches. I think he's in TN now. You might check with him for information.
                Any contact info?

I don't have any. Email would be informal introduction, then maybe a phone call or letter.
                Thanks

Chop Stu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

George R. doesn't do e-mail and his contact information is in Turning Wheels under ads for Studebaker watches bought and sold.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

George sold that Pace Car clone to aNE Indiana SDC member, and a "while" back. I believe he has now sold it, and I "think" it was to Georges son. The vehicle still resides in the north east Indiana

I will try to find out for you.

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                    X