Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude parts cars for $125 in WI

Seen on Sonny's page:

The seller is taking less than scrap value... seems like he's trying to get them into hands that can save them. He's gotten almost no response[B)]

Again I remind you- once they're gone, they're gone... and the price of scrap means the vast majority of these type of cars won't even get a chance to be saved or parted out...

Get 'em if you can!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

I hope you told him to advertise them here! Thanks for posting the link. Gotta get that ad in front of those who really need it.

Comment

That's too bad he hasn't had but little response. You're right, if nothing else those parts need to be kept around for someone's future project or emergency repair. Can't get much better of a price than that for a car. Glad he cares enough to offer it to everyone, thanks, Bob, for the link.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

I hope you told him to advertise them here! Thanks for posting the link. Gotta get that ad in front of those who really need it.
        These are Bob40's cars (Aka Bob Reining). I know he's a member of this forum. Maybe he has same problems I had posting cars for sale here; everybody will tear down any car, even if it's scrap-metal-price. Even if it's $150 they will want it for less.

Though I am not allowed per Mr. Shaws rule to post anything for sale on this form, I hope Bob can and indeed will post here for sale and not have to be concerned of his head getting ripped off by Arm-chair know-it-alls.

Comment

Yep.Those are my cars.
          After offering the '52 hardtop here
          for free I saw no point in posting the others.
          I come to the Forum to read and learn and rarely
          have offered cars or parts for sale.There are other
          locations to do that and believe the Forum
          should be relatively clean of posts concerning sales.
          The odd notice is fine and I applaud the many Stude
          vendors who could flood the system with parts but do not.
          I offered the Lark with TT on eBay for what the rear end
          is worth and a opening bid of $99.00 Got 1 bid.
          I also offered up a '55 Commander coupe and got no bids
          at $99.00
          My take is the members here have their cars and what I have
          is still common.
          The cars were bought to save,yes,but they are what they are.
          I'll remove all 16 bumpers as they are worth $20 each to the core
          guys and 6 radiators that will fetch $15.00 each.
          I was thinking of keeping the Dana 44's but have decided it isnt
          worth it.Not even the core guys want splined axle rears.
          I'll pull the V8 3speed w/overdrive trans and the TT rear
          when I load the cars up for the final journey.No other parts are
          coming off.My storage buildings are full and C/K and bulletnose
          parts are what seem to sell.
          I have floated the cars on numerous sites with no response
          and this Monday will have the list at our local show for chapter
          members to look at.
          That will be it as far as trying to sell them.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Funny thing, Bob, seeing the location I was going to e-mail you if you didn't respond here to the post. I thought you might check them out I had no idea they were already yours[:I]

I appreciate your history of trying to make these derelict Studes count for something, and your history of same.

Wish I could help.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

This saddens me. If I didn't still have money down on a TT in South Bend that I failed to get picked up at the May meet, I would try to make use of what you have. Let's hope someone shows up before your scrap trip. I understand the need for more space and enough parts are enough parts, but then I think of the things given up on back in the seventies that are absolutely impossible to find now. Hard to look ahead with a crystal ball thirty or forty years and know whether those cars will be gold to others or just a waste of time. Some of you have had parts since that long ago and many of us thank you for the patience. My car would not have been drivable today were it not for some of you. Thank you and folks like Bob40.

Comment

In all fairness I should mention that when I bought these cars there were also a '53 Commander Hardtop,'55 President coupe,'55 Commander coupe,'56 Power Hawk,'51 Landcruiser and '51 Starlite coupe in the deal.They were as rough as whats left but complete cars and the parts from those vehicles have kept Studebakers alive everywhere from the U.S. to countries such as Australia,France,Sweden,Germany etc.etc.
                Whats left needs to move to make room for the next flock.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Wow.Its a shame your having a problem getting those cars sold.I wish i wasnt so far away.But by the time i bought the cars had them shipped to Ms.,I could probably buy a good running car.I wish you luck in getting them into the hands of someone who needs them .I hate seeing cars crushed.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Wish I could help too. I am finally getting to swapping a V8 drivetrain into my 62 Hardtop and I know I could use all kinds of bits and pieces going from an automatic to a clutch. I doubt if anyone would pull and ship parts, the logistics may be unworkable.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
                    The Replacements.
                    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                    The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
                    X