• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner Cost

Does anyone have any experience with the $119 headliners being
    sold on E-Bay? wonder how they differ from the $165 ones sold
    by Stude vendors.... Tks,

I don't know, but mine are $150 to your door unless you just want to experiment with someone that may not know Studebakers to save under $15.00 with shipping. Mine are the correct off white perforated vinyl. If you try the ebay one, let me know how it works out.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

I had a guy make one for my car. I picked out the material. It cost $150.00 also. Took two tries to get it right. Seems he was taking the information and having someone in California actually make them.[?] I think I would go with JDP so you know what you are getting.
      Don

Don Colliau

Comment

It's no secret that me and most others buy from ACME in California. The trick is knowing the car and bow count when the vendor orders.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP, I'll contact you re placing an order.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

It's no secret that me and most others buy from ACME in California. The trick is knowing the car and bow count when the vendor orders.

JDP/Maryland
            It was a secret to me.

Don Colliau

Comment

I even had Acme make me one for my Packard Hawk. It also took two tries but they got it dead on. I did note that the material they made it out of was marked "Convertible Boot" on the rear side. But they had the pattern and they found the material.

Mike

Comment

FWIW, if our SDC vendor friends prices are anywhere close, I try to give them the order. With the interchange lists and tech tips, I could go to the local NAPA or the manufacturer for parts such as shocks, pistons, rings, seat covers, headliners and the like. However by giving the order to Fairborn, JDP, Myers and others in the SDC, we are subsidizing the continued stocking of parts which aren't available at FLAPS and the development of new parts, such as aluminum flywheels and flanged axles. These guys also devote endless time to phone education with newbies, the clueless and price-shopping CASOs. Many a Stude has been saved because they are a source of the answers. JMHO, but they deserve our support as long as their prices are anywhere close to local or direct.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                X