PDA

View Full Version : Tighe Cams in Australia

1956 Hawk
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Has anybody tried getting a Studebaker cam from Tighe Cams? They list a Studebaker cam blank on their website: http://www.tighecams.com.au/semiFinished.htm
I have tried emailing them, but they don't answer back. If we could get a response from them it might be a good source for building a roller cam.
David

imported_n/a
08-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Possibly just fits the 65-66 Year models... :(Though it does say "made to order" for the Studebaker cams, and "in stock" for Xhevys. I will email them, too. Thanks.

1956 Hawk
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I was hoping that someone from Australia would read this and give them a call.
Packebaker, let me know if you get a response from them.
Thanks,
David

Mike Van Veghten
08-14-2006, 02:51 PM
They e-mailed me back.

Yes, they can regrind and they will make billets.......I sent them another note as to whether they are roller or flat tappet cam billets.

Will let you know when they get back to me.

Also prices on new for multiple blanks.

Mike

Mike Van Veghten
08-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Some new-news....but not enough relevant info yet, moving but slow.

Stay tuned.

Mike

Mike Van Veghten
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Last note to Tighe cams from me, see below.

Very interesting.

On one hand I'd like to get maybe two for myself, on the other hand, depending on what your "low volume" quantity is, as I said below...you may have several people knocking on your door. I'd like to help some of the Stude guys and make it as easy on you as possible.

Can you give me a quick price break down?

1. Roller blank, less than 5 ea., how much money up front?
2. Flat tappet, less than 5 ea., how much money up front?
3. Flat tappet, 25 ea. or your price break quantity, how much money up front?

4. Approximately how long do you think it will take to have the cams cast and ready for shipment?

Thanks a lot for your help, very much appreciated.

Mike

1956 Hawk
08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
We might want to take this topic over to the racing site if you want to do a group order. I was trying to get 2 roller cams myself.
David

imported_n/a
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I would like to have a new camshaft for the 289+ that I am rebuilding for my 1958 Packard, instead of using a regrind.

Mike Van Veghten
08-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Well....I did get a coupla e-mails from them...

But then as the questions got more specific, the answers stopped comming back! I sent my last e-mail to them three times with about a week and a half in-between each with a little note saying "just in case this did'nt get thru....", no answer.

So....if someone else wishes to try...or maybe an actual phone call...go for it!

They did say they "could" make cam blanks, but "are" they willing?

So far..at least with me...it doesn't seem so.

Mike

Alan
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
We can always ask Sudsey (Bob) in Australia to check with them.

Sudsy
08-27-2006, 07:06 AM
G'day all,
Have contacted Tighe cams. See post on roller cams in the racing forum.

Regards Bob