Bought another Stude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another Stude.

I stumbled upon a 1962 Hawk on the local Craiglist that was only 10 miles from my home so I had to go and look at it. It is a one family car in that the owner's Uncle bought it new. It lost its brakes in 1993 and he never got around to having it fixed. And it has'nt been started or out of the garage since. The carpeting is real nice orginal stuff with only a little wear on the drivers side. It didn't crumble when I lifted it to check the front floors which still had factory paint/no rust. The front seats had been recovered in the orginal pattern but the back seats were still the 1962 vinyl and looked good, but I didn't sit on them because I wasn't sure that they would take the strain. The front fenders had some rust repair and there was some rocker rust at the front under the trim but the boxed sections were still solid. Other than the repaired area the rest of the paint is original and shiney. It was the best original 72,000 mile western PA car I've seen since I started in Studebakers in the early 70's He wanted $3,000 I offered less because I don't need another one but I had to try and now it's mine. I'm happy but probably have 6 Studebakers too many.

Ken

Is this the one from Craigslist?

Cool find. Good luck with the car.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Man, that was close to me, too. Another loss to a probable Steelers fan! Great find and good luck with the Hawk. Drive it to Three Rivers when the Browns roll in so I can check it out.

Comment

That is the one. Thanks for adding the pictures.

Ken

Comment

Come on Dave! Even I have a Terrible Towel hanging on the wall! I even wear Slippery Rock University hats, shirts and sweat shirts! Can't help it, I grew up outside of Pittsburgh and visit once or twice a year. Slippery Rock is my alma mater but we partied @ I.U.P.!! Look at it as another one going to a good home!

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
          X