PDA

View Full Version : Dealers

wayne
10-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Someone wanted dealers and I happened to see the Los Angels Times dated November 6 1911 and there is a add for Studebaker wagon and vehicles . It Is called Newell Mathews co. 200 North Los Angles St . since 1886 General southwestern Agents.

bradnree
10-24-2006, 02:27 PM
See "Dealership List" and also "Studebaker Dealers" on this site. We are waiting for any member who has a complete list of dealers to post them and thanks to that helpful member for doing so !!! .....Brad

bradnree
10-24-2006, 02:27 PM
See "Dealership List" and also "Studebaker Dealers" on this site. We are waiting for any member who has a complete list of dealers to post them and thanks to that helpful member for doing so !!! .....Brad

studegary
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by bradnree

The dealership list was an ever changing thing. You would have to pick a particular date. In the mid-1960s, the list would probably be 50 typewritten pages long. I do not see this forum as the place to put such a list, even if someone was willing to type it all in.

Perhaps I am missing the importance of the information to some. Please explain what would be gained by knowing of all of the Studebaker dealers on a given date.

I posted six locations within 25 miles of my home. Multiply that out over the country, or World.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

studegary
10-25-2006, 01:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by bradnree

The dealership list was an ever changing thing. You would have to pick a particular date. In the mid-1960s, the list would probably be 50 typewritten pages long. I do not see this forum as the place to put such a list, even if someone was willing to type it all in.

Perhaps I am missing the importance of the information to some. Please explain what would be gained by knowing of all of the Studebaker dealers on a given date.

I posted six locations within 25 miles of my home. Multiply that out over the country, or World.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Swifster
10-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Gary, the list is actually being kept on another website. As for the interest in such information, many of us live in areas that had dealers that we never knew about. I find the info (and any info for that matter) rather interesting and an important part of the history of the marque. Now who knows where the Central Florida dealers were located? :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

Swifster
10-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Gary, the list is actually being kept on another website. As for the interest in such information, many of us live in areas that had dealers that we never knew about. I find the info (and any info for that matter) rather interesting and an important part of the history of the marque. Now who knows where the Central Florida dealers were located? :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com

bradnree
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
If the complete list exists, which I'm beginning to believe it doesn't, it would not have to be retyped but simply scanned to ones computer and sent to an address. I find the addresses very interesting in seeing what the building or vacant lot looks like today. In St. Joseph Missouri 20 miles north of me there are buildings, a vacant lot, and a Studebaker mansion. This city is one where Studebaker products were built. STP was founded in St. Joseph. It would be good to have this list as one traveled to see other Studebaker memories. All this is part of American History....Brad

bradnree
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
If the complete list exists, which I'm beginning to believe it doesn't, it would not have to be retyped but simply scanned to ones computer and sent to an address. I find the addresses very interesting in seeing what the building or vacant lot looks like today. In St. Joseph Missouri 20 miles north of me there are buildings, a vacant lot, and a Studebaker mansion. This city is one where Studebaker products were built. STP was founded in St. Joseph. It would be good to have this list as one traveled to see other Studebaker memories. All this is part of American History....Brad

Studedude1961
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I think a list for any particular time would be interesting, but we could confine it to December 1963 (or whenever). Some people might find a surprise or two on the list, like I did quite by accident years ago when I found out that a longtime Stude dealer in my hometown was not the only dealer...that Studebaker was picked up by a Pontiac-Cadillac dealer for the hot Lark in 1959 and summarily dropped Studebaker in 1961 when Lark sales cooled off. I had no idea the GM dealer had ever been a Stude dealer. Another poster here also said it would be interesting to visit old Studebaker dealer buildings if they still exist. Lots of reasons for finding a dealer list interesting, historical and entertaining. I somewhat agree posting such a list on this forum might be unwieldy, but there are other areas of this website that a list or list could certainly be published.

Studedude1961
--1963 Cruiser

Studedude1961
10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I think a list for any particular time would be interesting, but we could confine it to December 1963 (or whenever). Some people might find a surprise or two on the list, like I did quite by accident years ago when I found out that a longtime Stude dealer in my hometown was not the only dealer...that Studebaker was picked up by a Pontiac-Cadillac dealer for the hot Lark in 1959 and summarily dropped Studebaker in 1961 when Lark sales cooled off. I had no idea the GM dealer had ever been a Stude dealer. Another poster here also said it would be interesting to visit old Studebaker dealer buildings if they still exist. Lots of reasons for finding a dealer list interesting, historical and entertaining. I somewhat agree posting such a list on this forum might be unwieldy, but there are other areas of this website that a list or list could certainly be published.

Studedude1961
--1963 Cruiser

Blue 15G
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree that it would be nice to have an old dealer list for the reasons mentioned by the others.

Blue 15G
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree that it would be nice to have an old dealer list for the reasons mentioned by the others.

Randy_G
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Not to throw anyone under the Bus so to speak but I have e-mailed a gentleman that has said that he has the " List" But as of today I have not heard back from him. 10-26-2006 So until this unicorn shows itself I have a partial list on my site with photos submited by readers. As posted above, any new listings you come up with please post on the Threads already started thank you!

Randy_G
1959 Lark (project)
www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Randy_G
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Not to throw anyone under the Bus so to speak but I have e-mailed a gentleman that has said that he has the " List" But as of today I have not heard back from him. 10-26-2006 So until this unicorn shows itself I have a partial list on my site with photos submited by readers. As posted above, any new listings you come up with please post on the Threads already started thank you!

Randy_G
1959 Lark (project)
www.automotivehistoryonline.com