This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part needed

Got a fella here in Visalia that's doing a Speedster. He's DESPERATE for a taillight body that can be worked with. Not one that's ready to bolt on and fawn over, just one that's not bent, ripped or eroded to hell. Just something that a GOOD chrome shop could bring back to glory. He'd pay handsomely for such! Needs a BU lite body too, although I don't recall which side. Of course, I could find out.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I bet a lot of people are looking for the same part (myself included.) Has anyone talked to Ed Reynolds about whether or not they're going to be repopped again? Last time I talked to him he was just noncomittal enough to get me hopeful. I have one decent core and one taillight that Jerry did for me (and told me that he had to do enough "work" on it that it couldn't be rechromed again, so that gives you an idea of what kind of shape it was in)

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I bet a lot of people are looking for the same part (myself included.) Has anyone talked to Ed Reynolds about whether or not they're going to be repopped again? Last time I talked to him he was just noncomittal enough to get me hopeful. I have one decent core and one taillight that Jerry did for me (and told me that he had to do enough "work" on it that it couldn't be rechromed again, so that gives you an idea of what kind of shape it was in)

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
        although I don't recall which side.
        On '53 and '54 C/K's there is only one PN (different for each year, but not seperate ones for left and right). Sedans have a left and a right, however. I don't have a '55 Chassis parts book, but I would guess that there are not seperate "rights" and "lefts" for '55 and up C/K's too.

Whoops...I'm speaking of the tail light body and I believe Mr. Biggs was speaking of the B/U light body when he was talking right and left. My bad.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
          although I don't recall which side.
          On '53 and '54 C/K's there is only one PN (different for each year, but not seperate ones for left and right). Sedans have a left and a right, however. I don't have a '55 Chassis parts book, but I would guess that there are not seperate "rights" and "lefts" for '55 and up C/K's too.

Whoops...I'm speaking of the tail light body and I believe Mr. Biggs was speaking of the B/U light body when he was talking right and left. My bad.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Biggs
            I may have both. For sure,I have backup light housings, both sides. I'll have to look for a tail light.
            Klif

55 Speedster
            42 Champ Coupe
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

Biggs
              I may have both. For sure,I have backup light housings, both sides. I'll have to look for a tail light.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              42 Champ Coupe
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
              X