PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker window travel

Jimmy Clarke
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can answer this question for me...When the windows are in their full down position ('37 coupe express/Dictator, and perhaps other similar year/models), does the top of the glass still protrude above the door window frame a little? I don't want to spend the money on new regulators etc., if my arm is gonna end up with a "window mark tattoo", in the summer. It might just be that my current regulator is misaligned. Any help, as always, is appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy

64V-K7
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Later model regulators have an adjustable stop on the lower part. This is to fine tune where the window lowers to or exactly what you're talking about.
I.E., on a GT HAwk, you can release this stop and lower the window into the door enouogh to replace the car whisker. Pull off the door panel and take a look..

64V-K7
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Later model regulators have an adjustable stop on the lower part. This is to fine tune where the window lowers to or exactly what you're talking about.
I.E., on a GT HAwk, you can release this stop and lower the window into the door enouogh to replace the car whisker. Pull off the door panel and take a look..

Jimmy Clarke
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Prez,

The door is completely apart. The only possible adjustment is on the very bottom of one of the scissor arms. Instead of a pivot rivet, there's a nut, with a very little adjustment span (perhaps 1/4 inch either way. I assumed (there's that trouble word again), the adjustment was to fine tune the horizontal plane. Jimmy

Jimmy Clarke
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Prez,

The door is completely apart. The only possible adjustment is on the very bottom of one of the scissor arms. Instead of a pivot rivet, there's a nut, with a very little adjustment span (perhaps 1/4 inch either way. I assumed (there's that trouble word again), the adjustment was to fine tune the horizontal plane. Jimmy

52hawk
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Same as 55Pres said,-the 'stop' consists of a clip and a bolt thru the regulator slot,which limits the travel of the glass.simply loosen it and move it back or forth to stop the glass higher or lower.
I'd bet there's something similar on the older models too. Take the interior panel off,and slowly roll the glass up and down,watch how it works-pretty simple mechanism in any car....

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark

52hawk
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Same as 55Pres said,-the 'stop' consists of a clip and a bolt thru the regulator slot,which limits the travel of the glass.simply loosen it and move it back or forth to stop the glass higher or lower.
I'd bet there's something similar on the older models too. Take the interior panel off,and slowly roll the glass up and down,watch how it works-pretty simple mechanism in any car....

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark

52hawk
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Got a picture?

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark

52hawk
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Got a picture?

LaSalle,Il
61Hawk
60Lark

Jimmy Clarke
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
52 HAWK, I'm leaving town for 4 days Wed morning, I'll try and post a picture before I go. Window slot is free of any limiting restrictions....Thanks, Jimmy

Jimmy Clarke
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
52 HAWK, I'm leaving town for 4 days Wed morning, I'll try and post a picture before I go. Window slot is free of any limiting restrictions....Thanks, Jimmy