Progress! Thanks to Matthew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress! Thanks to Matthew

This group has always been kind, helpful and patient with me, and I really appreciate it. But one forum member went above and beyond the call of duty. I made a post a few weeks ago, asking if anyone knew where I could find a lock mechanism for the glovebox on my 1950 Champion. Mine was missing when I bought the car. MB Stude (Matthew B.) volunteered that he thought he knew where he could find one. Lo and behold, a few days later, a small package arrived in my mailbox with a functional lock in nice condition. Whats more, he won't take any payment for it, not even the postage! Well, Matthew, you certainly have my gratitude for helping me make the first discernible progress on my car in weeks. I can't get over how nice that dashboard looks with the glovebox door closed! And it opens, too! What a concept! And what a fine young man to go waaay out of his way to help out a complete stranger! Thank you, Matthew, and best wishes on your graduation. I have no doubt that you have a bright future ahead of you. And yes, I will "pay it forward."

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Excellent story! And I am not the least bit surprised!!
    Good on you Matthew.[^]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Matt rocks.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

He certainly does, now of course Neil is behind him ready to kick his butt if he does the wrong thing LOL.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Gee, thanks fellas. [:I] Glad I was able to help, and the lock turned out good for ya. I agree, a closed glove box is much more pleasant to look at.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
          X