SPEEDOMETER CABLEI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEEDOMETER CABLEI

THE CABLE ON MY SPEEDOMETER I FOUND TO BE BROKEN. I HAD SOME FUN BUT I FINALLY GOT IT OUT. NOW IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW WHEN INSTALLING IT...ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED..THANKS

Lube it up with white lithium grease, it will last another 45 years.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction) 203 hrs.
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Welcome to the forum- but PLEASE RELEASE your caps lock! All upper case is hard to read.

Thanks!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Bams, I lost my reading glasses...all I could see was "PLEASE RELEASE" the rest was too small!

Comment

There is a product specifically for lubricating speedometer cables. It comes in a little tube and it seems to be a mix of graphite and kerosene.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
          Holdrege NE
          John
          1950 Champion
          W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
          Holdrege NE

Comment

While it is out, I would suggest blowing a bit of PB Blaster or Kroil through the cable housing. There's probably a couple years worth of crud accumulated. Then lube and install the new cable.

If you can get to the top of the speedo head, there may be a tiny cup, in to which you can introduce some very light weight oil to lube the needle bushing as well.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X