Engine Size 333 cid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Size 333 cid?

I have a 53' landcrusier and have just bought a shop that another guy who woed a study have replaced teh engine with a chevy v-8 350. This engine is complete to include the fan. trany, steering column, plugs, wires, rotor, etc... Problem is he tells me it's a 333 cid but I can't find anywhere on teh net that says Study made a 333 cid. Can anyone tell me how I cn determine what I have and how to go about selling it as well as my 53" Landcrusier, (too many project).
    Thanks!
    Len

Is your friend dyslexic maybe? He's got his numbers a bit mixed up, it is a 232 if is the original '51 to '54 Studebaker Commander V-8, also used in Land Cruisers. [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Probably because it looks like a Caddy V8 and they were 331 cid...
      What's a couple of inches amongst friends?
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Len Lacefield

I have a 53' landcrusier and have just bought a shop that another guy who woed a study have replaced teh engine with a chevy v-8 350. This engine is complete to include the fan. trany, steering column, plugs, wires, rotor, etc... Problem is he tells me it's a 333 cid but I can't find anywhere on teh net that says Study made a 333 cid. Can anyone tell me how I cn determine what I have and how to go about selling it as well as my 53" Landcrusier, (too many project).
      Thanks!
      Len
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Why not...
        There is a guy running a 330 on the racing site... Whats three more inches?

On the other hand...while it obviously be a Cad. engine, if it IS a Stude...it's hand grenade waiting for a place to happen!
        Most anything can be done with excess boring and stroking values...as long as you don't bore into water or the crank doesn't fall into several pieces when you hit the gas pedal.

Mike

Comment

Maybe a 383 Chevy??

Comment

Post some pics. of the engine, it could be a 327 Chev. bored .030" over.

Comment

Working...
            X