Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Starliner- $ value ??

RE: Current e-Bay ad for '53 Commander K body with BIN price of $15K
    I have a friend who is interested in this car (and joining SDC) .
    Also, if I ever decide to sell my 57, my next Stude will be a 53-54 C-K. As these 53-54 models are becoming very rare,what is the approx. current market value for one in this condition ? All opinions welcome.
    Thanks !

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
    Lancaster,CA
    1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

If I were in the market, I would have already hit the BIN as I think the car is well worth the price when you consider the cost of a rust free hardtop project, paint, chrome, interior, etc. It all adds up very quickly. That's a sharp car that's ready to be enjoyed. Although not original, the modifications/upgrades are ones I would have made if it were mine. Just my .o2 cents

Comment

Is that the white one that Dave Lester had for a short while?

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

If I had $15K lyin' about.......

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Seller has 99% positive feedback. With almost four days left, I suspect it will go beyond BIN price.
          Would be nice if someone in the area could check it out for you. By that time, it will probably be gone.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If this is what your friend wants and can afford, then the market value is not important. If he is buying one to resale, there is not a margin for much, if any, profit. I like the C body, so that's what I bought. I bought mine off ebay, and I guess in essence I paid more than anyone else around would have, because it was what I wanted. I also drove to Tennesse and looked, before laying out the cash. I would advise you to either see the car or get someone you trust to look at it. I don't think you could build the car any cheaper. But, you might want to have the "fun" of doing it yourself.

Tex in Alabama
            53 C Coupe

Tex E. Grier

Comment

I don't often chime in, especially on a post about a modified car, as tastes run hot and cold on such things. But I did take a look at the eBay Starliner and agree that it is a beautiful driver with modifications that I think are very cool. The floor shift truck trans is a great mod. If the 289 ever got too tired, can you say Studillac??

52 Commander for sale
              Looking for an early Lark
              sigpic
              JohnP, driving & reviving
              60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Does this type of floor shift have a lot of "friction" when shifting between gears or is it really easy to shift, long throw ???

BRAD

Comment

IMO it is well worth the 15K BIN. Take the 15K cash to Ky., look at the car and if it's as good as the pix show, buy it.
                  Of course I have a small '53 C-K bias.

quote:Originally posted by boomer

RE: Current e-Bay ad for '53 Commander K body with BIN price of $15K
                  I have a friend who is interested in this car (and joining SDC) .
                  Also, if I ever decide to sell my 57, my next Stude will be a 53-54 C-K. As these 53-54 models are becoming very rare,what is the approx. current market value for one in this condition ? All opinions welcome.
                  Thanks !

Lancaster,CA
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Douglasville, Georgia
                  Be sure to check out my eBay store
                  http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
                  for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Buy the car and save me the money!!! I'll gladly take the car as a replacement to what my wife drives today.......... she would be thrilled with this car as a driver!

It is an addiction!
                    It is an addiction!

Comment

quote:I'll gladly take the car as a replacement to what my wife drives today.......... she would be thrilled with this car as a driver!
                      Are you sure? It isn't shiny black. But I guess one shiny black Stude is enough. [8D]

She could probably get a couple speeding of tickets with it, however.

Go for it, Joe. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Whatca gona do?

Tex in Alabama
                        53 C

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

Whatca gona do?

Tex in Alabama
                          53 C

Tex E. Grier
                          Thanks for the opinions- As he is unable to take trip to see car, advised friend it appears to be a good deal and leaving it up to him to decide and bid on accordingly. If I didn't already have a nice driver Stude, I would hit the BIN $ button myself !

Lancaster,CA

Comment

This is the car that Dave Lester had back around February. Here's a link to the info Dave posted at that time. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X