Vin ##

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vin ##

Hey guys I just bought a Lark 2 door. VIN is 593-33323. Just hoping someone could tell me something about this car. Also picked up a 69 4x4 1/2 ton. Vin# E7D12244. Thanks for your help. Jay

Jay,

If the early Larks are like the later ones, the serial number should either be a 59V (V-8) or 59S (6 cylinder). On the truck I presume you meant 1959, which would make it a 4E7D, or a V-8 powered 1/2 ton truck.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Jay, Welcome to the Forum...[8D] those stock 4x4 pickups are fairly rare, post some pictures of it when you have a moment[][] and you should conisder getting it into the Studebaker 4x4 registry. Check this URL under "Registries".

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Jay's parents have a 4x4 which I believe is already in the register.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

thanks for the info on the lark. The cars are about 400 miles away from me and i didn't think to take any pics at the time. I couldn't get the hood open on the lark to see what engine it had in it. If its a 6 then i have a Packard 352 I might try and see if it fits in the hole.

The 4x4 is acually my dads as well. Only untill i get my newest Diesel paid for then i will buy it from him. I was just going on the year because of what the owner said. Its in great shape norust, dents and has the orgional paint. Mind you its not great paint but its there. Its a driver and will be our plow truck in the winter.

The previouse owner stoped by my shop to see if a 56 GH I have was for sale. After showing all the Studes we have there he decided that we needed the 4x4. But we had to buy all 6 that he had in a package deal. The lark he took in on trade in 98 (he owns a used car dealership) and is has the 3 speed on the tree but also a floor shift someone put in. Its in great shape. Also got a 56 GH, 57 Hawk, and 2 other trucks.

We will go and get them in June as I am going to Kansas for the ATHS truck show for a week. So I will get some pics and post them at that time. THanks for the info. Jay

Comment

Working...
          X