My first Stude pic & first post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Stude pic & first post!

Hello SDC members! I am pleased to be included in the club as a new owner and hopefully,(really soon) a driver[:I]!
    This is my first classic car. What unbelievable good fortune that allowed it to be a Studebaker! (Thanks a million Chris!)

I am following in my boyfriend, Wolfie's footsteps and am grateful to him that he has led me to meeting a really wonderful group of people in the SDC!
    Tracy

Can't wait to drive my V-8!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Studebakers it soon becomes an addiction. But its a very healthy addiction.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Though i doubt she will ever be as famous as Gus (whom I adore btw) her name is Stude-a-lu!
      Tracy

Can't wait to drive my V-8!

Comment

Welcome Tracy! A 1963 Lark 8 Regal 4 dr. is a good start into being a Studebaker Driver! We are glad to have you with us and hope you can enjoy improving that Lark to make it a good safe driver! [^]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Welcome to the Studebaker circus.

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Welcome aboard! You'll have lots of fun with that car.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to our world, Tracy!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Tracy, it was nice meeting you and Steve at the GA meet in Albany last month. Good luck on the Lark. You'll love it.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Nice to see another lark for door in the forum! I love driving mine! Best of luck getting her on the road!

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

Good to see another one being brought back to life.One of the first things to do is replace the rubber and steel brake lines,wheel cylinders and any other questionable brake parts.You want to make sure it can stop before you drive it. You can get the shop and parts/body manuals on cd-rom from Studebaker International and check out the tech articles on the club websites to help guide your efforts to getting her back on the road.

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

Welcome to the group Tracy.I am sure you will get plenty of
                      help from the group.If you live near Atlanta you can join
                      the North Georgia SDC.Good luck with your car.

Lenny
                      Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Tracy,
                        Good luck with everything. I look forward to seeing your progress. Looks like it did not take Steve long to get the hood open. Has he got it to fire up yet? Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,I tried to send you a direct link to the video but it wouldnt go through.I got it fired Mon after work,you can see the video in the post ITS ALIVE! here.Actually got the hood up on the return trip.I was spraying it with 4 in 1 oil everytime we stopped on the way back.I have the fuel pump apart now and am waiting for the kit to build it and the carb and a few seals I am replacing then on to the brakes.Tracy is sanding and converting the rust in the evenings and the guy that does my upholstery work is waiting on her to decide what color/material she wants so he can start the seats(Waiting to see what color door panels are still available for a descision there).Anyway it is progressing and should move along fairly quickly considering the scope of work to be done.It will never be a show car but will be a pretty nice driver when we finish.Hope to have it sealed in the next week or so and I will post more pics.Thanks again and good luck,Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome Tracy. You both sound like a great one-two punch to get "Stude-a-lu" up and running. I get down to the Charlotte area alot and there are sure still parts to be had around NC and SC in great shape.
                            Steve should have explained your first picture shouldn't have been a "trailer queen" shot, though...it's supposed to be a driver! At least he has you on a pedestal, even if it has a dual axle.

Comment

Well done![^] I'm always glad to see another Studebaker back on the road. Especially of my favourite vintage of Larks; '62 &'63![8D]

By the by, welcome to the Asyl... um, madn... um, ah, club, Yeah, that's it, welcome to the ah, club.[)] Seriously, you'll never find a more helpful and kind group of classic car buffs. They've certainly saved my backside numerous times.

Welcome!

Oh, door panels... You are checking with SASCO in South Bend, right? They have door panels, original Studebaker door panels, for your car. They might even have the seat covers as well.

Studebaker Autoparts Sales Corp. 1-800-722-4295

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Lotsa Larks!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...