PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker floor mats

studelover
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I am looking for some Studebaker floor mats with the logo anyone know where I can get some? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/mr1940/IMG_1649.jpg

Studebakers forever!

StudeRich
04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Very nice interior! I like the Maroon Vinyl and especially the double stitched cross stitch on the top, side of that seatback, VERY original looking, even though the color is not. [^]

The original AC numbered Studebaker floor mats have been NLA for many years and are rare and very pricey when found. [:0]

There are carpeted rubber mats of several styles, including Hawk Emblem in the S.I. Catalog Pg.84 and on their Website. As always, on all Stude. items, most of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com sell them. :)

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA

Dan White
05-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Got mine from SI. The carpeted mats can be had with various carpet and Hawk logo colors, or even without the Hawk logo.

Dan White
64 R1 GT
64 R2 GT

studelover
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I was hoping to find someone that can take some of my carpet(Ihave a roll) and sewn borders on with the hawk logo on it. I met the guy that does most of the precut carpet in the us and he has agreed to do it however he can't put the hawk on it. I would love to have the hawk sewn in.[:p]

Studebakers forever!

stude53
05-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Embroidery / Excellent Job
This posting from Truck Talk has info you can follow up on. I think Lance can do it.

by Chris
I have to say GREAT JOB to Lance and his crew. I sent up some material to get embroidered to specific size and he did a great job. This is a logo he now has ON HAND so if anyone wants to get a "Lazy S" logo put into their seats, doors, etc... just anywhere you may have material, he can do the job for you. Always nice to have a little "personal" touch on your vehical... even if you trying to keep it 'original'

My plan is to take the seat (shown below) and put this logo into the 'headrest' part of the seat when I have the seats recovered. They will be done is a two-tone The dark material, and also a lighter color that matches the embroidery color.

I want to list Lance's address and phone in case anyone may want to contact him. As you can see he does SUPER work. Write it down now... that way you won't have to come back and 'search' for it later. I'm so pleased with it, I am going to post it over on SDC also. I just can't say how tickled I am with this.
INKWELL SCREEN PRINTING & EMBROIDERY
3589 ORION RD
OAKLAND, MI. 48363
Lance Haas
586 292 4050

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

barnlark
05-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I made these up recently. I cut my own pattern and sent it to Phantom. They sent it back with the carpet binded and I made up a logo from a S-P parts box on my computer and scanner and then had it embroidered nearby at a saddle shop. I also made up T-shirts and a windbreaker, etc. Not a Hawk logo, but S-P..

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0254.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0257.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0087-1.jpg

StudeRich
05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Those are very nice looking mats! At first look I thought WHY would you face the emblems the wrong way? Then I realized that you have them on the outboard side facing out, so when you open the door it is the first thing you see! [^]

It was not evident at first, because the right one is on the left! [:0]

Every mat I have ever seen had the emblems facing rear, supposedly so the driver and passenger could read it, but how many times do you put your head between your legs and look at the floor? :D :D

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

barnlark
05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Rich,
I guess if you're kissing your..., goodbye you'd see the logos that way...well, never mind! Anyway, I put them together for another photo so each logo could be seen in the shot. My flash also picked up the sewing pencil mark to align them. You can't see that with the naked eye.

Yes, my plan was for your feet to never touch the logo and be seen instantly when you open the door. I wanted something original and had hoped to make it to the South Bend meet to show them off. Between my hood getting replaced in the body shop and the pouring rain I had to pass.

bams50
05-03-2008, 03:56 PM
WOW, great mats! I can't imagine what you've got invested in those![:0]

My goal is to someday have a Stude worthy of items like that[:I]:D

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

barnlark
05-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Bams...believe it or not, well less into those than what Studebaker International wanted for theirs when I asked (no offense Ed) WITHOUT the logo so I could put my own logo on theirs. I wasn't happy with the generic size the mats come in at other places, so I cut my own custom pattern carefully and sent it off to Phantom because they didn't have a fit that worked on mine. They still have that pattern..at least for an automatic pedal version Lark. I can get someone's embroidered if you'd like. It wasn't that pricey, but I was the shop's first floor mat. They came out the way I wanted; different.

studeboy28
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I cut my own carpet then took the carpet with the binding tape materials to the local harness shop. They had sewing machines tough enough to sew the carpet. The whole expense to bind front and rear carpets was under $20.

28 dictator
40 commander

barnlark
05-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I haven't had mine in use for very long and SI's mats are far superior in quality to just having carpet binded like mine. I think these may curl up at the edges eventually, unlike the real ones made with a foam or stiffer backing. There's a reason those good ones cost in excess of a hundred dollars, but I wanted a custom fit to try the embroidered logo out and spent a lot less, as well. I will try a backing material next time, or try to strengthen these.