New Use for Studebaker Foundry Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Use for Studebaker Foundry Sand

A nice weekend - the Badenock Swap meet on Saturday, then a visit by one of my best and longest Studebaker friends and his fiance today.

Yup, said Studebaker friend is getting married in about 6 weeks. He and his bride-to-be have decided to have a "sand" ceremony in place of the more common unity candles. The minister has white sand in a vessel, then the bride and groom each ad different sand that has meaning to them and then the sands are mixed. The bride wanted sand from Bermuda (which is pink and which we happened to have laying around our house because our daughter who is temporarily working there brought some back with her) and my Studebaker friend is using the Studebaker foundry casting sand (which we also happened to have laying around the house thanks to Bob Palma's efforts at the '02 South Bend meet)!! If you were at the Cooperators session, you'll know what I mean.

THEN another story came out. UNBELIEVABLE. The parents of my friend's new bride-to-be used to have a cottage on the north shore of Lake Erie, near Rondeau Park. They were basically surrounded by many Americans from nearby states who also owned cottages. Her father got along really well with the American guy next door and she even has home movies of the man in his swim suit playing with her on the beach when she was a little girl of 2 years old. She knew him for many years. THIS GUY WAS BYERS BURLINGAME!!!!! He apparently arrived each weekend in a different Studebaker. She remembers that it was at the cottage that Mr. Burlingame died.

Good grief! How many "degrees of separation" is it in that saying?

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
    47 M-5
    Izzer Buggy
    Junior Wagon
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Wow!
    That should be in TW.

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Dub in the Twilight Zone theme![:0]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X