53 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Is that for the '51? [xx(]

Comment

Is that for the '51? [xx(]

Comment

What are you going to put the Caddy engine in? A friend of mine, Tom Covington, put a 500 cu.in. Cadillac engine in a 57 Golden Hawk. He sold it on eBay a couple of years ago.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

What are you going to put the Caddy engine in? A friend of mine, Tom Covington, put a 500 cu.in. Cadillac engine in a 57 Golden Hawk. He sold it on eBay a couple of years ago.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I saw a '55 Stude wagon with a 500 Caddy in it once. One of our club memebers has a '53 Commander Starliner with a 331 Caddy and LaSalle trans. (Done back in the 50's)
            We have a car with a 500 Caddy V8, but it's a '41 Caddy Eldo convertible. AKA the two ton Corvette. It's for sale, BTW.

Comment

I saw a '55 Stude wagon with a 500 Caddy in it once. One of our club memebers has a '53 Commander Starliner with a 331 Caddy and LaSalle trans. (Done back in the 50's)
              We have a car with a 500 Caddy V8, but it's a '41 Caddy Eldo convertible. AKA the two ton Corvette. It's for sale, BTW.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

What are you going to put the Caddy engine in? A friend of mine, Tom Covington, put a 500 cu.in. Cadillac engine in a 57 Golden Hawk.
                Leonard,

I took a trip yesterday afternoon to look at what was advertised in the Trading Post as a '50 Studebaker. Turns out it is a '47-49 four door Champion. However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon with a 500 CID motor in it. One of the ugliest cars I have ever seen (even with the roof rack on it). I should have taken pictures but did not.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

What are you going to put the Caddy engine in? A friend of mine, Tom Covington, put a 500 cu.in. Cadillac engine in a 57 Golden Hawk.
                  Leonard,

I took a trip yesterday afternoon to look at what was advertised in the Trading Post as a '50 Studebaker. Turns out it is a '47-49 four door Champion. However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon with a 500 CID motor in it. One of the ugliest cars I have ever seen (even with the roof rack on it). I should have taken pictures but did not.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

They used to sell Studillacs with Cadillac engines back in the 50s. I have a picture of a guy here in Richmond who had one.

Comment

They used to sell Studillacs with Cadillac engines back in the 50s. I have a picture of a guy here in Richmond who had one.

Comment

Not sure where it is going yet, maybe in my new 3E that has a bad 245 six, maybe a future project.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                        64 Daytona HT
                        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                        63 Avanti R1/AC
                        63 Lark 2 dr.
                        62 Lark 2 door
                        60 Lark convert
                        60 Hawk
                        59 3E Truck
                        56 truck
                        55 Starlight
                        53 Starlight
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Not sure where it is going yet, maybe in my new 3E that has a bad 245 six, maybe a future project.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
                          64 Daytona HT
                          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                          63 Avanti R1/AC
                          63 Lark 2 dr.
                          62 Lark 2 door
                          60 Lark convert
                          60 Hawk
                          59 3E Truck
                          56 truck
                          55 Starlight
                          53 Starlight
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon
                            Cadillac made station wagons? [:0]

quote:They used to sell Studillacs with Cadillac engines back in the 50s. I have a picture of a guy here in Richmond who had one.
                            Ah yes, the imfamous Studillac! A guy in our chapter found a '53 in Brunswick, GA that had been sitting there for 20 some odd years. (This was about a year or so ago) After discovering it was a Tristar Commander Starliner with a 331 Caddy V8 and a LaSalle top loader trans, he bought it, we drug it home for him, he got it running and he's given it to his wife so she can fix it up and drive it. I got the chance to put the 1st mile on it since he's owned it, and can attest to how well the early Studillacs performed. They got some power!!!

There was a fella by the name of Bill Frick in NY that did the conversions. Many others did the same, although he is the most popular among those who did, doing a few hundred I think. We're not sure if my buddy's is a fo-shur "Frick-Studillac" or not, but it's just as cool anyways! We DO know from the production order that the car was sold new in New York. (Where Frick was) It also has some New York college decals in a few places on the windows.

Here's my grandad (left, in hat) with Rene Harger (Phantom Auto Works) talking about the Studillac.

Here's the car:

Antifreeze from when I blew out the bottom radiator hose clamp. (Not the hose, the clamp actually was so rusty it broke!)

Original interior.

Pat Skelly, proud owner!

One of my favorites:

Pat promised me this wonderful carpeting for one of my Studes, but it fell apart when he removed it. [V]

Many more here, by Jeff Rice.

Comment

quote:However, there also was a '72(?) Caddy 2 door station wagon
                              Cadillac made station wagons? [:0]

quote:They used to sell Studillacs with Cadillac engines back in the 50s. I have a picture of a guy here in Richmond who had one.
                              Ah yes, the imfamous Studillac! A guy in our chapter found a '53 in Brunswick, GA that had been sitting there for 20 some odd years. (This was about a year or so ago) After discovering it was a Tristar Commander Starliner with a 331 Caddy V8 and a LaSalle top loader trans, he bought it, we drug it home for him, he got it running and he's given it to his wife so she can fix it up and drive it. I got the chance to put the 1st mile on it since he's owned it, and can attest to how well the early Studillacs performed. They got some power!!!

There was a fella by the name of Bill Frick in NY that did the conversions. Many others did the same, although he is the most popular among those who did, doing a few hundred I think. We're not sure if my buddy's is a fo-shur "Frick-Studillac" or not, but it's just as cool anyways! We DO know from the production order that the car was sold new in New York. (Where Frick was) It also has some New York college decals in a few places on the windows.

Here's my grandad (left, in hat) with Rene Harger (Phantom Auto Works) talking about the Studillac.

Here's the car:

Antifreeze from when I blew out the bottom radiator hose clamp. (Not the hose, the clamp actually was so rusty it broke!)

Original interior.

Pat Skelly, proud owner!

One of my favorites:

Pat promised me this wonderful carpeting for one of my Studes, but it fell apart when he removed it. [V]

Many more here, by Jeff Rice.

Comment

Working...
                              X