PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker Remorse

wagone
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Not a very descriptive title I'm afraid. Maybe I should call it Studebaker Anonymous. I passed by bidding on the pretty (to my eyes) eBay '54 coupe commander located near LA. Yeah, the blue one. Didn't see any comments on the car on this forum. I sure wanted to have a shot at it. Three reasons kept me silent (all good ones, I guess). Lack of money at the present time, no garage space, and my wife would have killed me. Course I could have been buried in the car.....so it wouldn't have been a total loss. Hope I don't think to long about the wasted opportunity. I guess there'll be others.

wagone

studeclunker
08-09-2006, 04:39 AM
I know your pain brother...[V]

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

studeclunker
08-09-2006, 04:39 AM
I know your pain brother...[V]

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

CHAMP
08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I feel your pain!!! I looked at that Stude. also!:)

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

CHAMP
08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I feel your pain!!! I looked at that Stude. also!:)

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

am not r2
08-09-2006, 07:33 AM
I have found that I look at it a different way now. It all happens for a reason. just wait...a better one will come along... Rich

am not r2
08-09-2006, 07:33 AM
I have found that I look at it a different way now. It all happens for a reason. just wait...a better one will come along... Rich

Commander51
08-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Those are three EXCELLENT reasons, and taken together make an overwhelming case to do nothing. If you're worried about the budget, have no place to park/work on the car, and can always look forward to dirty looks from the boss, I guarantee you that you would not have enjoyed owning that ( or any other additional car...)

Even though I can afford my hobby, and I have plenty of space to park/store/work, I still feel guilty at times about the time and resources I use up on these cars. And that really cuts into the enjoyment quotient... I don't know if there's any solution for me, but I imagine it can be worse for those with financial or space constraints.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/gmail98/th_51CommanderState.jpg
51 Commander State Sedan
Worthington PA

Commander51
08-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Those are three EXCELLENT reasons, and taken together make an overwhelming case to do nothing. If you're worried about the budget, have no place to park/work on the car, and can always look forward to dirty looks from the boss, I guarantee you that you would not have enjoyed owning that ( or any other additional car...)

Even though I can afford my hobby, and I have plenty of space to park/store/work, I still feel guilty at times about the time and resources I use up on these cars. And that really cuts into the enjoyment quotient... I don't know if there's any solution for me, but I imagine it can be worse for those with financial or space constraints.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/gmail98/th_51CommanderState.jpg
51 Commander State Sedan
Worthington PA

studegary
08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by am not r2

My 1954 Commander Starliner will be on eBay starting tomorrow afternoon. It may not show up in a search until the day after.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY
1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

studegary
08-09-2006, 01:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by am not r2

My 1954 Commander Starliner will be on eBay starting tomorrow afternoon. It may not show up in a search until the day after.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

wagone
08-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Gary, I kinda hope your '54 is an automatic or else when I see it on eBay it'll be "here we go again--how long can I resist the temptation?"

wagone

wagone
08-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Gary, I kinda hope your '54 is an automatic or else when I see it on eBay it'll be "here we go again--how long can I resist the temptation?"

wagone

studegary
08-10-2006, 02:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by wagone

wagone

Yes, it is a 350/350/Mustang II, etc.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

studegary
08-10-2006, 02:10 PM

wagone

Yes, it is a 350/350/Mustang II, etc.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

JBOYLE
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM

Maybe I should call it Studebaker Anonymous.
wagone

I've heard of that. That's a club where they send a couple of guys over to get you drunk when you start thinking about all the time and money you've got tied up in Studebakers.:D

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

JBOYLE
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM

Maybe I should call it Studebaker Anonymous.
wagone

I've heard of that. That's a club where they send a couple of guys over to get you drunk when you start thinking about all the time and money you've got tied up in Studebakers.:D

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

wagone
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey, JBOYLE, that sounds like MY kinda club! Where do we meet???[?][?][?]

wagone
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM

JBOYLE
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM

Not me..I don't drink. I have to face the prospect of Avanti ownership and maintenance sober!!:D

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

JBOYLE
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM

Not me..I don't drink. I have to face the prospect of Avanti ownership and maintenance sober!!:D

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State