ring and pinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ring and pinion

I've got a 63 Avanti with a TT 4:55 ring and pinion . I purchased a ring and pinion gear set 3:73 from another Avanti owner who went to another gear set. Problem..3:73 ring gear won't work on the existing 4:55 TT case. Need a TT 3 case to hold the 3:73 gear. Would like to buy just a TT 3case if I can as I'd like to keep the TT. I will have a 4 TT case and 4:55 ring and pinion to sell or trade.
    Thanks,
    Dave Balek

"63 R1493 3sp.O/D

You should be able to purchase a new carrier assembly,new bearings races etc; from Randys Ring and Pinion. They have three warehouses around the country, head office in Everett Wa., one in California and one in Tennesee i think. Phone #s 800-297-6554 or 800 347 1188 . Good Luck Lou Cote [8D]

Comment

Hi, Dave,

The good news is the 3-series carrier is more common than is the 4-series. The SDC community will come up with one for you somewhere. Throw in where you are located and it will help with offers.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

E-mail sent .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Have the TT Case removed and will trade/buy a used one if someone out there has one they can part with. Will sell the 4.55 R&P with or without case. A new case was $500 when I checked yesterday.
          Thanks
          Am located in Mason City,Ia.

"63 R1493 3sp.O/D

Comment

You can buy an empty case and swap in your guts. Randys Ring & Pinion shows a bare power lok case for $225.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

I agree with Jack. What you are looking for is relatively common. What you have is relatively rare. Keep networking. Try some of the smaller vendors that sell used parts. You should be able to get a premium for your set up...especially with the renewed interest in drag racing Studebakers.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
              X