X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the one I want!!!

Something weird happened-

Replied after about a half-dozen replies; post didn't show up at first; then showed up twice, right after my OP...

No idea why...[?]

Something weird happened-

Replied after about a half-dozen replies; post didn't show up at first; then showed up twice, right after my OP...

No idea why...[?]

Comment

Hey, I don't know what model it is, but when I saw the location I thought of the message I saw on a t-shirt at Disney World last week:

I SMELL A ROAD TRIP!!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hey, I don't know what model it is, but when I saw the location I thought of the message I saw on a t-shirt at Disney World last week:

I SMELL A ROAD TRIP!!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

This is the one I want!!!

Hey guys, try not to bid on this one; the description talked me right into it!!

I'm going out to hook up the tow dolly right now!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I don't have the time to read it! It's WAY too wordy and dragged out...

"Gee, a STUDEBAKER? It's GOTTA be worth big $$$" [)]

Comment

I don't have the time to read it! It's WAY too wordy and dragged out...

"Gee, a STUDEBAKER? It's GOTTA be worth big $$$" [)]

Comment

I hope you have an Ampficar for a tow vehicle!

This is big news really. This just HAS to be the long-lost 57 Golden Hawg motorcycle that Studebaker experimented with. I'm dying to hear how that 5-cylinder, air-cooled, sleeve-valved, ****le sounds like![]

REALLY WIERD! I've typed the word "Wankle" twice now and it shows up as asteriks![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This is big news really. This just HAS to be the long-lost 57 Golden Hawg motorcycle that Studebaker experimented with. I'm dying to hear how that 5-cylinder, air-cooled, sleeve-valved, ****le sounds like![]

REALLY WIERD! I've typed the word "Wankle" twice now and it shows up as asteriks![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    Maybe because it's spelled ****el? Nope, did it to me, too. An overzealous auto-censor, I guess.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      Maybe because it's spelled ****el? Nope, did it to me, too. An overzealous auto-censor, I guess.

Comment

Hey Biggs, didn't Studebaker actually experiment with a couple of motorcycles; but threw out the idea when the son of one of the engineers got killed on one? That's what I've heard, anyways.

quote: 57 Golden Hawg
                        As far as that goes, my grandad was telling me a while back how cool it would be to drop in that 352 Packard he has into one of his pickups, and call it the "Golden Hauler". Souds like a plan to me!!! Would make a great tow vehicle for that '56 Prez ragtop I want to build someday. (Actually found a '56 Prez two door not long ago, in Stephen Cade'sboneyard "Stephen Allen's Auto") I think it would make an extremely good lookin' car. Power would be a R2 with a T10, of course. Everything else would be as a stock '56. [8D]

Comment

Hey Biggs, didn't Studebaker actually experiment with a couple of motorcycles; but threw out the idea when the son of one of the engineers got killed on one? That's what I've heard, anyways.

quote: 57 Golden Hawg
                          As far as that goes, my grandad was telling me a while back how cool it would be to drop in that 352 Packard he has into one of his pickups, and call it the "Golden Hauler". Souds like a plan to me!!! Would make a great tow vehicle for that '56 Prez ragtop I want to build someday. (Actually found a '56 Prez two door not long ago, in Stephen Cade'sboneyard "Stephen Allen's Auto") I think it would make an extremely good lookin' car. Power would be a R2 with a T10, of course. Everything else would be as a stock '56. [8D]

Comment

Ha! ****le! Now there's a great idea that was lousy in practice! Basically very simple but had to be extremely complicated to make it work. Let's see, Suzuki had a rotary bike, Van Veen had another bike, a Citroen owned company made an engine as well as the Mazda job every one is familiar with. Extreme fuel consumption, excessive heat generated (Suzuki even had to make air cooled exhaust pipes!) rapid rotor tip and side seal wear, obnoxious exhaust note, dirty exhaust, expensive to build and it just about broke several companies to name just a few of it's attributes. The bright spot was it had loads of low end torque and made a great air compressor. Yep, that's where the design finally found a home...an air compressor. That kind of humbling isn't it?

Comment

Ha! ****le! Now there's a great idea that was lousy in practice! Basically very simple but had to be extremely complicated to make it work. Let's see, Suzuki had a rotary bike, Van Veen had another bike, a Citroen owned company made an engine as well as the Mazda job every one is familiar with. Extreme fuel consumption, excessive heat generated (Suzuki even had to make air cooled exhaust pipes!) rapid rotor tip and side seal wear, obnoxious exhaust note, dirty exhaust, expensive to build and it just about broke several companies to name just a few of it's attributes. The bright spot was it had loads of low end torque and made a great air compressor. Yep, that's where the design finally found a home...an air compressor. That kind of humbling isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X