Lark front end body clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark front end body clips

Do any of the vendors out there sell new or good used body clips for Larks? Not that I plan on entering a judged event but wouldn't a car with non-Studebaker clips get a bad write up for lack of originality.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Front end body clips? You mean fenders, hood and grill panel? Or clips to attach trim? Or speed clips to accept various screws and bolts?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jeff, just about any local fastener supplier in your area should sell the speed clips. As for clips, like those used for body side mouldings, are available from some companies that specialize in that stuff. I know there is one in the Grand Rapids, MI area, but I can't think of the name of the company at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Stude vendors sell trim clips. Speed clips are available from any auto body supply. Vintage clips of all sorts are available from Restoration Specialties in Windber, Pa. and others, no doubt.
        Brad Johnson,
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The steel clips that are used to hold the fenders and grille panel together. The original Studebaker units had bolts with about four threads per unch or so.

All the ones I ever used were ones salvaged from parts cars.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
          The Replacements.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Those are the speed clips. Most body shops have an assortment available. If they are not identical to the originals, they can easily get them. Would a judge deduct points? In the Corvette Club, definitely. In SDC?
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jeff, if you email me I can send you to someone who has a good size bin of those, used, but may have some new ones. Believe it or not, if you can also take the old ones into NAPA, they may have a book with an assortment of new ones identical to what you need like my local store. Not sure where you live, USA narrows it down to this continent, but my helpful vendor is in the midwest.

Comment

Working...
              X