PDA

View Full Version : R2 Super Hawk project from Nels Bove

bams50
04-20-2008, 11:06 PM
...on the Swap Page:

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php

(At least that's who I think it is..) Scroll down to the bottom.

Thought about writing him, but probably out of my league at present:(

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

JDP
04-20-2008, 11:17 PM
No price, that's always a bad sign to me. I usually don't bother to ask, but I did on a decent 48 Land Cruiser that sounded interesting because the guy said he was getting 1-2K offers and felt it was worth more. Since i agreed, I asked what the bottom dollar figure was, and he came back with 20K. :)
Of course I need yet another R2 Hawk like a hole in the head, but at least I know how to put them together now.

JDP/Maryland

bams50
04-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I agree with you about no price listed, but if it's indeed Mr. Bove this is a known seller; so it may be a good deal. I'd love to ask the price, and see pictures, but I would never bother anyone if I wasn't seriously interested.

If anyone here follows up on this, keep us posted!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

BobPalma
04-21-2008, 08:03 AM
:) Yes. Nelson Bove is "Nels" at R4Stude in Cincinnati. :DBP

JDP
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll let you guys grab the car, I'll just hang out on this tree limb in case Nels needs me.[}:)] Seriously, someone that does not have the 30K-50K to buy a done R2, should buy this car. There are not that many unrestored R2's left and all I'd do is make it into another expensive restored one. Save it from a flipper and build your dream car.

JDP/Maryland

nels
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Yes, that's my car. I actually intended and thought that I had put a price in. I guess I forgot that and a phone #. As I was writing the ad the wife decided we wanted to go out to dinner "NOW". The price is $12K and would make a nice car to build. Pretty much everything is there.