Another site for Stude "experts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another site for Stude "experts"

Be sure and scroll down past the Wagonaire video and read the "expert" opinions of Studebaker officiondos in the forum.

From 07

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
    ~Nitram~
    57 Transtar
    Lancaster, PA

[)]Sort of a foul-mouthed lot, I'd say[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

My Lord,

Who are those people?

Comment

The video clip was worthwhile.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

I stumbled upon that site a few weeks ago. As to what type of people - that is rather typical of the youth on my other car forum (although at that site, they censor the bad language). The more you surf the internet, the more you see behavior like that - I guess the anonymity of the 'net lets people feel freer to belittle others.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Yes, I love the fact that the "user" named scott was the self appointed expert who didn't know the first thing about the product he was criticizing. He's not old enough to realize just how large a baboon he's making of himself. I'm already old enough to know what a baboon I was at that age. Still trying to outgrow it.
            sals54

Comment

Now you know why we give thanks for a MODERATED forum!

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Did you guys catch this at the end of the post? Sherwood Egbert himself came by to set him straight:

Hello Scotte,

Sherwood Egbert here. You are correct in saying our employees earned more than the average Detroit auto worker at the time. This was due to the fact that the employees saved the company from folding in the 1930's and the company was always cognizant of this. When I took Studebaker over in January of 1961 I had big plans for the automotive division of Studebaker. Others did not. In the end, no longer building cars was a decision that was carried out when the diversification plan was conceived in the early 1960's. It was made prior to my arrival in South Bend. As to the quality of the Studebaker it was superior to Chevrolet, Ford or Chrysler during the period. Quality was never the issue. We did have a good number of half hearted dealers that were terminated due to various reasons. Perhaps the dealer you spoke with was one of these. We also had some dynamic dealers that were very successful. In the end, I became very ill with cancer and I had to leave Studebaker. If it was not for the cancer, I would have stayed in South Bend and continued the fight to build automobiles. Remember I was at Studebaker for less than three years. During that time, the company was definitely turning the corner.

If you ever rode in my R3 Avanti with me from the factory to my home in the club house next to the proving grounds, you would not be making the same argument against the Avanti, I assure you.

S.H.E.

1957 Packard Clipper
                1958 Golden Hawk
                1963 Daytona Convertible
                1963 R2 Daytona
                1963 R2 GT Hawk
                1963 R1 Wagonaire
                1963 R4 Avanti
                1964 Champ
                1966 Cruiser

Comment

Tis good to know ol' Sherwood's still hangin' true to Studebaker. Too bad the cancer bug called him home too soon.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                  X