Bam's don't look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bam's don't look.

Darn you looked. A sweet 4 door 6 with power steering for crying out loud, no rust and close. BTW, coming down this week ?

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Don't think I've ever seen a Stude 6 with a top radiator hose quite like that... is this the standard for that vintage of flathead 6?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

It seems someone put a GM crossflow radiator in it.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I was thinking more about the pipe connection on the head facing to the rear. But that being backwards makes some sense if trying to connect up the GM radiator.

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Don't tell me not to look, that just makes me do so Cute car, but $4500 with a rod knock? Not me...

Next car on my list is 62-64 Cruiser/Daytona 4 door w/ A/C... preferably a nice driver with 3 spd. O/D....

As to your BTW John- not this week, me and nephew Evyn will be down next Friday the 25th, early afternoon. Then we'll head towards Carlisle to be there when the gate opens Sat. On the way home from there we'll pick up that rolled over 61 Lark mentioned here a couple months ago (if he takes my offer). Evyn's momma thought it would be too much fun for him to miss (and of course it will be[8D]) so she's letting him play hooky Friday[^]

This is his big chance to meet the Queen Bee- plus have me spoil him for a couple days; can't beat that!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Don't tell me not to look, that just makes me do so Cute car, but $4500 with a rod knock? Not me...

Next car on my list is 62-64 Cruiser/Daytona 4 door w/ A/C... preferably a nice driver with 3 spd. O/D....

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

NOW there is a market for one of the more recent Studebakers that I sold &lt;G&gt;. It was a 1964 Commander four door, V8, factory A/C, standard transmission that I had trailered up from New Mexico. I sold it for $2300. Not exactly what you are looking for, but close. That was my last venture into a four door sedan. No money in them. I sold it for one-half "book" price.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Don't think I've ever seen a Stude 6 with a top radiator hose quite like that... is this the standard for that vintage of flathead 6?
              I'm guessing it's necessary to clear the P/S canister.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
              X