X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '61 Lark taillights with parts car attatched

In Oxnard, CA:

Poor seller can't even count the number of doors[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Wow, that's a thing of rare beauty, alright!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Besides the rare tail lights, it also has a good set of the one year bumpers, back up lights, glass, sheet metal and a 259 V-8.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Just a little ways from Point Mugu..anyone have a beach house in Malibu? We'll tow it there, part it out and have a fire on the beach with old Halibrands! That car is just waiting for a new life..

Comment

I might just bid on it, and if I win, have them ship me the taillight lenses and call a salvage yard for the rest!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wasn't it in Sea Biscuit where they said, "you can't give up on 'em just cause they're a little down on their luck?" Good thing Sea Biscuit wasn't a '61..could be the glue factory if he had decent one year tail lights!

Comment

You guys are rough,this car could make some local who's mechanically inclined a nice cheap project for a driver or parts to keep another alive,no reserve and looks to be all there. What ever happened to the thrill of taking on a project car? []

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LarkVIII

You guys are rough,this car could make some local who's mechanically inclined a nice cheap project for a driver or parts to keep another alive,no reserve and looks to be all there. What ever happened to the thrill of taking on a project car? []

I agree that it could be saved. Economically, it makes more sense to part it out.
                The "thrill of taking on a project car" left me about a quarter of a Century ago. I will leave that to the majority here that are younger than I.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Bams he was counting the one side he was looking at .

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Now thats a cool 61. I agree that its just waiting for a new life! I've always had a thing for the 61's. I look at this one as a cool driver. Its the wrong timing for me or I'd bid on it. Not only is it listed as a 2dr when its a 4. Its also a 3sp car. I blew up the pic of the interior shot and the gear indicator is missing. The shifter looks to be in first or third. The pic under the hood gets a little grainy when blown up, but it looks like it has a kick down switch for the OD.[:0]

Gordon

Comment

Yep; appears to be an overdrive kickdown switch on the back of that linkage. I'm surprised Leonard Shepherd hasn't chimed in; this Lark is very similar to the one his mother bought new and that he drag-raced [:0] without her knowledge![}] BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LarkVIII

I agree. If it was a skytop year it would have everyone going after it back East.
                        Oooops, just never saw a '61 skytop. I thought '62 was the first of them.

Comment

It is a Skytop year! Just doesn't have one

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Hey Bob,
                            Are you saying that Lead Foot Leonard was racing moms car with out permission? [:0] I like it. I go to the street legal drags when it doesn't interfere with my racing. I look around at all the parents cars that are getting the guts run out of them. I just smile, thinking to myself. If mom only knew. With a 4 barrel and dual exhaust on this Lark a guy could go out Hawk hunting on weekends for sure. Those must have been the days!

Gordon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by laughinlark

Hey Bob,
                              Are you saying that Lead Foot Leonard was racing moms car with out permission? [:0] Those must have been the days! Gordon
                              [:0] Uh-oh. I'm in deep doo-doo now...[}] Leonard's mom has passed away...but if we feel another earthquake shortly, I'll wonder how much control she's exercising... BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X