HAWK TRUNK LIDS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWK TRUNK LIDS ?

I must have heard this before,that 57-63 hawk deck lids are the same.and 56 is a little different around the key hole area.if 57-63 lids are not the same,how can you tell?

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

My parts catalogue covers '59-'64. It lists one lid for C-Ks.
    Part #1331860. I'm sure 57 and 58 are the same. The trunk lids from '53 to '64 will all fit any C-K of said years.
    If you were for example,looking for a used lid for a Hawk,the only difference would be the holes drilled for different emblems over the years.
    I would have liked to find a good '64 lid for my '61,I like the 'clean' look better than the stupid ribs on the original lid!!

Oglesby,Il.
    "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

If you get one from a62-63 it may have rivets to hold the overlay on. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

There were never rivets in the truck lids for the overlays. At least I've never heard them called rivets.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

True. 56 lids are unique as are 56 hoods. All 57-63 lids are essentially the same exc for the holes for nameplates or overlay. It is best to get the right lid rather than trying to cover up old holes & drill new ones in the right places. I have a good one available to bring to SB if anyone needs one badly.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

IIRC There is difference in the hinges from the 56 trunks lids to the rest of the line. Plus I think the right side hinge on 56's fail before the left sid does.

Comment

You should ALWAYS open both sides together, at the same time!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
              X