Studebakers of Arkansas on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers of Arkansas on TV

Well, my minutes of fame got edited out of the broadcast, but our NBC affiliate from Little Rock sent a camera over and had a short piece about the Studebakers of Arkansas chapter on the 10 o'clock news. I hope someone was watching since the preceding show ran long. We are hoping to find some Studebaker owners who didn't know about us.
    Our club is doing well, we had two new members and three cars that had not been to a meeting previously. Some of our members got on camera during the meeting and later outside with the cars, but none of the interviews were used.
    Unfortunately, my attempt at taping the news segment was faulty and I missed it. I had originally set up to record at 10:00 and when the show ran long I messed up resetting the DVD player.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

You get credit for at least making the effort to record it!

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting for making the Mr and I feel welcome!

For anyone out there that hasn't attended a chapter meeting, I sure do recommend it! We live about 2 1/2 hours from two different chapters so we get to meet and greet with two different groups of fabulous people that have all kinds of experiences to share.

Rose

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

i stayed up just to watch it and it was great short but great
      Kevin Phillips
      Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Howard give us the stations web site. It may be on it for all to see. The GA state meet was yesterday.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

I got kidded at work today about sitting at the end of the table with my red SDC judges cap on. It was a great meeting and sure was good to have the new people and some great Studes.
          Rose it was wonderful to meet you and Fred.
          Gary we are going to do our best to get to ountain Home May 3rd.

Comment

Call the news station.
            Many are now selling the desired news segments on DVD's.
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Well, my minutes of fame got edited out of the broadcast, but our NBC affiliate from Little Rock sent a camera over and had a short piece about the Studebakers of Arkansas chapter on the 10 o'clock news. I hope someone was watching since the preceding show ran long. We are hoping to find some Studebaker owners who didn't know about us.
            Our club is doing well, we had two new members and three cars that had not been to a meeting previously. Some of our members got on camera during the meeting and later outside with the cars, but none of the interviews were used.
            Unfortunately, my attempt at taping the news segment was faulty and I missed it. I had originally set up to record at 10:00 and when the show ran long I messed up resetting the DVD player.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X