hawk pans and rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawk pans and rockers

Has anyone ever used the replacement pans from SI? I measured the widest part of rot in the frt floor and its wider than the width listed for the description of the pan, and 1 side needs replaced into the area where the sill plates go, so I will need that as well if it isnt part of the floor pan......and this was supposed to be an easy repair.........also wanrted to get some feedback on the rockers..I need one for the drivers side, found mine to be a layer of fiberglass matting....Thankls in advance!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Is SI selling replacement sheet metal now? Are they from Classic Enterprises or different?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

whoops, yea, I had the 2 mixed up.....its from CE

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

The pans from CE have the sill area. Have used their rockers too, they worked allright for me, also have used his hogtroughs.

Frank van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks. I wish I would have piulled the seats out before York, I might have been able to save on shipping : )

Will be in contact with them soon.

Comment

I have used both their pans and rockers and am happy with them. I too had rust beyond the replacement pannels and just had to make these extentions on my own. Good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

CE's floors are good, but when you do the toe board area, use his bend as a guide, but not as gospel. If you want a stronger floor there is another guy who has full lenght corrigations up the toe board area. You will also need to finesess the sides by the kickpads. I forget if he supplies the side pieces anymore or if you need to make your own.

Comment

Bill is right the front toe board areas are not quite right and depending where the pans come to near the trans tunnel you may need to add a some extra metal since they do not come completely into the tunnel area.

Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT
                Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT
                58 C Cab
                57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

whoops, yea, I had the 2 mixed up.....its from CE

Kinda makes us wonder if your tag-line isn't mixed up also. Should it read: "hmmm, my 2 girlfriends have GT Hawks..."[?][?]
                  [:I]

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Working...
                  X