"baby" car lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "baby" car lift

Do any of you have any knowledge or experience with (if this even exists) a car lift that would lift the whole car up a couple or more feet? There is no way I can get one of those 2 or 4 poster hydraulic lifts, but I've seen little ones called cycle lifts and am wondering if there is such a thing for a car.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

This may be what you are looking for.

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Recently saw a floor mounted lift with no uprights that bolted down flat on the floor listed in an auction flyer.It was one of the western auto stores that was closing down here.Dont know any more about it than that but would have worked in the low ceiling shop my car is at now.Unfortunately I was unable to attend the auction so I dont know what it brought,but seems as though many of these old western autos were built around the same time and seem to be closing out(here anyway) so I would think you could find one.I wouldnt trust the cycle lifts with the weight of a car though.Good luck,Steve
      sigpic

Comment

I have one I bought from Harbor Freight for $750.00 delivered, been using it for 4 years.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

geez Bob, ever since you gave me something for nothing you must think I am made out of money! Still haven't gotten that first letter, but I keep my mail box out there at the street in case it comes. I had no idea those lifts would cost that, but that is exactly what I was thinking about. Oh, well.

I agree Wolfie that the cycle ones wouldn't be heavy enough. Haven't look at any, so don't know, but just can't imagine they could handle 3000 lbs.

Thanks, anyway, guys.

Comment

Thanks JDP. I'll go by there and see what they have. That's closer to the upper price range I was thinking of.

Comment

Check out Harbor Freight on line prior to spending any money at the real stores. Very often they have the SAME item on line for a better price, and will honor it if you bring the print-out of the online item description.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

geez Bob, ever since you gave me something for nothing you must think I am made out of money! Still haven't gotten that first letter, but I keep my mail box out there at the street in case it comes. I had no idea those lifts would cost that, but that is exactly what I was thinking about. Oh, well.

Bob, make sure you check for the special price. They sent me an e-mail last week offering $500.00 off the 57 inch lift. I just thought being a Texan you had money to burn!

Bob Langer
                Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
                Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Here (not on sale)

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP. I looked at that one page and am going to browse the website when I get off of here.
                    I am curious what that "starting lift height" means. The car has to be 15" high before you start using the lift?

Comment

Bob, I never even noticed that special pricing button. Thanks. Too much smoke from the burning money in my eyes.

Comment

What confuses me, is my $750 lift is now over 2K and is here:

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

JDP/Maryland
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Ok, JDP, you talked me into it. I'll give you $300 for yours and you can buy the 2K one. You are one tough negotiator.

Comment

How about something like this? may not go as high as you want, and would need floor jack, but ramp breaks down for easy storage.

read, then go to photo's section, then click on "show shots"

If money wasn't an issue, and I had a dream shop I'd at least consider a parallelogram lift, drive on lift up, and no tall beams to work around. Granted you have to work around the lifts structure, that's why the 2and4 post lifts are popular, they clear up the whole under cariage inorder to work.

Chop Stu
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That low rise drive on would have very limited use. My frame lift job is perfect for brake work and more, the drive on would be useless for that.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X