Georgia on my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia on my mind

I have changed my plans for the Georgia trip several times. I have decided to drive down early Saturday. The weather looks questionable. Somebody there tell me what the local forcast says. I was planning to bring some parts. Do I have to register early?

Tex in Alabama
    53 C

Tex E. Grier

I talked to Pat & Emily and they are leaving early tomorrow morning.
    I am stuck in Max Meadows, VA doing a customer thing.
    Looks like I'm out of it for now...
    Bummer..
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

Pre registration is already over, so come on down. it will cost you $5 extra, but hey, we need the money! Matthew and I will be there about mid- morning, Hopefully. The rest of my bunch will be coming as time and situations permit. NT
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Flashback

I have changed my plans for the Georgia trip several times. I have decided to drive down early Saturday. The weather looks questionable. Somebody there tell me what the local forcast says. I was planning to bring some parts. Do I have to register early?

Tex in Alabama
      53 C

Tex E. Grier
      Hey Tex. Here's the weather forecast. Right now the weather could not get more beautiful.

I'm already here and waiting on ya.

Joe Bacon (jbwhttail) and his missus just showed up.

Jerry Forrester
      Douglasville, Georgia
      Be sure to check out my eBay store
      http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_ and my EZ33 store http://tinyurl.com/2g2j88
      for your shiny Stude stuff

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I'll be coming down early Sat A.M. since I have a dinner meeting Fri evening.

Here's forecast as of now - gonna be a NICE gawga day!!
        GABOY

Friday...Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 86. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night...Increasing clouds with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 62 to 65. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms...Especially in the morning. Highs around 73. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy and cooler. Lows 43 to 48. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday...Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs 66 to 70.

Comment

Pre registration is already over, so come on down. it will cost you $5 extra, but hey, we need the money! Matthew and I will be there about mid- morning, Hopefully. The rest of my bunch will be coming as time and situations permit. NT

Neil Thornton
          Hazlehurst, GA
          '57 Silver Hawk
          '56 Sky Hawk
          '51 2R16 dump truck
          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I was hoping to get there but too many issues going on, all good, it's just I cannot justify two days away for pleasure at this time... pretty muffed up for a supposed retired guy, I had more CPU and screw-off time when I was working!!!!!! <grin>

Comment

I sure know what you are talking bout having more time!

What happens when we retire??? Does the world go on spin cycle & take out the extra time of retirement?

Another SDC member was susposed to come with me - he got the flu & Dr put him in bed, oh well, maybe my grandson will go with me & the 17 yr old can get infected with the Stude fever!

I don't want to drive the newly installed LTI in "black lightning" for such a "quick trip" since he has never been on the road for any trip (just 100 miles of shakedown-tweaking) so I will be in brand X that I previously worked for after leaving Studebaker in the 60's

GABOY

Comment

THANKS, for the information everyone. It looks kinda like rain.
                I guess I will just watch and wait till time to go and see. I sure was looking forward to meeting all of you.

Tex in Alabama
                53 coupe

Tex E. Grier

Comment

COME ON FLASHBACK...........It is only gonna rain on y'all in Bama & when ya git in gawga it's gonna quit, I'm looking forward to talking bout that marshal ya found.

GABOY

Comment

Hey Tex, Haven't you heard? Georgia is in a DROUGHT!!! Get an umbrella and come on over. NT

Neil Thornton
                    Hazlehurst, GA
                    '57 Silver Hawk
                    '56 Sky Hawk
                    '51 2R16 dump truck
                    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

A little rain ain't gona'stop me. In fact, that'll keep me from havin' to wash'er up when I git there. See ya'll after lunch.

Dan Miller
                      Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

As I type this, I'm waiting on my granddad to pick me up so we can go by the shop, load a chapter member's '55 Commander on the trailer, and head on out. We'll see ya there.

Tex, come on! A little rain never hurt anything.

Dan, if it does rain, it'll just make it easier to do those burnouts!

Matthew Burnette

Comment

Guess I will be there around 10:00 Saturday. I will be the old fat guy with gray hair and gray t-shirt, with Flashback on the back. I also have talked one of my sons into coming with me. See YALL.

Tex in Alabama

Tex E. Grier

Comment

I just got done with my customer thing, and am going to head south in a few minutes...
                            (Internet access in the parking lot is neat)
                            I am definitely bummed out about being 600 miles away when it counts...
                            (and no... I am not driving a banzaii run home just to grab the truck and drive the last 300 miles by tomorrow afternoon..[xx(])
                            Jeff[8D]
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                            X