studebaker gassers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker gassers

What does everyone think about a lark gasser? Also if you have any pictures of one or ideas let me know! thanks

There was a picture of one in a recent car magazine. I will have to rattle my brain to remember which one and when. It was in an article about gassers in general. They were lined up on what I think was a dragstrip. Anyone else remember it?
    sals54

Comment

Probably the best known was the "Flintstone Flyer" -

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Find a way to use gold leaf for the lettering. I think it really sets a gasser off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2074.30)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The "Flintstone Flyer" is the most known. I've seen pics of others. I'm buying a 1960 V8 Lark 2dr to use the parts on my 56 Champion 2dr. I've had thoughts of doing the same thing .

Orlando FLA
          Orlando FLA

Comment

'Don't know if anyone remembers this from a few years ago:

The 50th Anniversary of The NHRA National Drags was celebrated over Labor Day weekend in 2004. An NHRA committee selected what they felt were The Golden 50 Most Significant Race Cars from the first 50 years of The NHRA National Drags. The Flintstone Flyer Too, photographed earlier in this thread, was one of the 50!

Keep in mind: This Lark is known as Flintstone Flyer TOO because The first Flintstone Flyer was a 1948-1950 Packard 4-door, modified with a straight axle and SBC engine (IIRC) to run in the appropriate NHRA class.

(Ted Harbit's Chicken Hawk was another one of The Golden 50, but that's to be expected.) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

YEP! If I sell the 61,the next Lark I do will be a gasser.Would like to do a 2 door wagon.We will see.I have it already built in my head.

Comment

Here's Kenny Bernstein's

Now owned by James Bell here in Bellingham

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's the original Flintstone Flyer, a Packard Clipper.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
                  '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

WHERE DO YOU GUYS KEEP FINDING THESE PICTURES!!??!!??!!????
                    PLEASE--Keep them coming!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DROOL-DROOL)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

WHERE DO YOU GUYS KEEP FINDING THESE PICTURES!!??!!??!!????
                      PLEASE--Keep them coming!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DROOL-DROOL)
                      Get the book called Gasser Wars.

and

Orlando FLA
                      Orlando FLA

Comment

Working...
                      X