Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker LLC of Rye Brook New York & the LEV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker LLC of Rye Brook New York & the LEV?

Ok guys,I can't make this crap up! Buckle in for a long story.I got a call from a friend who tells me of a 9c1(that is police package) Carpice station wagon,because I have a real soft spot for the 9c1 platform. So I stop by the little lot this AM in the rain,and look it over.It is dark blue with a space shuttle looking radio center between the seats,limo tint on all the rear windows,SS Impala wheela and grill.Also notice some stickers in the rear side windows about the Studebaker Marshal law enforcement vehicle,complete with the Studebaker red and blue ball and lazy S. I just figured someone was playing since it had Impala SS emblems on it too.
    So I call the number on the sign,and speak to the lot owner,who tells me the guy who used to own this car worked with Homeland Security and traded in it and 4 others on a auto pawn,to get money to go to IRAK,sent money to a family member who never payed off the pawn,and now all the vehicles are for sale.So I go back later to drive it,but the battery is dead.Since it is a digital dash,I can not see the milage.But I do see the Chevrolet Caprice dash emblem is replaced with one that now says "Studebaker Marshal LEV".Now I am thinking WTH is this about? Looking in the glove box for something with the milage,I find service records from the New York State Police (it was a retired NYSP vehicle)a old registration with a local addy,and a letter from the Commissioner of the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles,officially designating this and 4 or 5 other vehicles as official "Emergency Vehicles".This is addressed to Christopher Baker,Studebaker LLC.!!??!! This wagon has all operable lights in the grill,sirens,strobes,2 way radios,police scanners & etc! Then the guy tells me these vehicles have been in storage since 2003! The 4 door 9c1 next to the wagon also has "Studebaker Marshal LEV" dash emblems. Now I am REALLY curious.
    So I go and do a GOOGLE of Studebaker LLC. I found that the company was designated LLC 2-11-02,in Westchester County NY.The address is 173 Country Ridge Drive,Rye Brook NY 10573,expireing in 2050,if I read all that correctly. I also find a Yahoo 9c1 Forum posting from Christopher Baker,"CEO,Studebaker,LLC(formerly Studebaker Corporation of South Bend,Indiana and Mamaroneck,New York."
    link---> http://nwjcra.org/ndboyle/9c1/smelv.html
    Mr Bakers first posting on the forum was on July 20,2002
    link--->http;//autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/9c1/message/51200
    Also found a Zoominfo Waeb Profile Mr.Baker created himself with a picture of hisself standing behind the door of a red SUV with a light bar and Studebaker Corporation magnetic sign on the door.I remember seeing this around town back then and wondering what it was about.He lists himself as Principal,Director Program Development,Studebaker LLC- vehicle development,company headquarters:RYE BROOK,NY. Also lists himself as Principal of "Linc-Way Development Group.LLC" Nothing turns up in a Google,but it is interesting to note there is a main street running thru South Bend and Mishawaka which is called Lincoln Way street.
    Anyone heard of this "company",and how does it fit in with the history of Studebaker after they closed,or does it at all? And info floating around out there?? Gawd,only I could go look at a brand X used car and find such stuff!!

When you google Studebaker LLC the first item you see is "Studebaker
    Scam" with a brief senario and your link from above. However that
    link: http://nwjcra.org/ndboyle/9c1/smelv.html is no longer active.

Maybe one of the others will have more info....sounds like he was
    trying to do a scam!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Here is the address of where your talking about. Strange area, filled with half empty corporate buildings and multi million dollar mansions and estates. The arrow is my old off at at Pepsico, and the Studebaker Corporation is on the lower right.

This company has been mentioned a number of times both here and the old alt. autos. group.

Comment

Working...
      X