rare Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rare Daytona

"only 4 known to exist" They must have scrapped the few dozen I've owned.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

289 ford, 4bbl !!!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Yep that's a rare one alright a Daytona 4 Dr. Sedan, actually more rare than a Hardtop, I only have 4 of em here right now! [:0] I guess I have the corner on the market, all 4 in the world! Must be worth a fortune especially his, because it's the only one with a Ford 289 engine! [:0]

This is a "second series" '64, Imported from Hamilton, ONT Canada, you Canucks ought to grab this gem and send it home!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, with a 289 FORD powerplant, the front suspension should be in "pistine" condition from the lack of weight! [:0]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Well, with a 289 FORD powerplant, the front suspension should be in "pistine" condition from the lack of weight! [:0]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

That is simply CLASSIC!! It got a good laugh out of me!

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

That is simply CLASSIC!! It got a good laugh out of me!

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

Well I guess the one I own which I call the "Grandma mobile" must be even rarer. Found it in a Lancaster County, PA Garage a few years back and it is safely tucked away awaiting its final few tewaks so I can drive it every day. Boy oh boy am I excited about having a really rare 4 DR Lark Daytona.[]
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Well I guess the one I own which I call the "Grandma mobile" must be even rarer. Found it in a Lancaster County, PA Garage a few years back and it is safely tucked away awaiting its final few tewaks so I can drive it every day. Boy oh boy am I excited about having a really rare 4 DR Lark Daytona.[]
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Chances are good that the seller is not a car person and wrote that info based on a self-proclaimed expert feeding that info.

About the flags on the c-pillar: What do those signify- 289, or Daytona, or what?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Chances are good that the seller is not a car person and wrote that info based on a self-proclaimed expert feeding that info.

About the flags on the c-pillar: What do those signify- 289, or Daytona, or what?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Did anyone use the Ebay 'Ask seller a question' feature to help him set his auion info straight?
                        Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Did anyone use the Ebay 'Ask seller a question' feature to help him set his auion info straight?
                          Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

BA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

theres one born every minute......and with that 289 Ford motor, was the 289 FOMOCO even available before 65?

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

BA HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

theres one born every minute......and with that 289 Ford motor, was the 289 FOMOCO even available before 65?

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Working...
                              X